FRP MPG

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Is this worse than a standard 1.7? I've been driving very carefully but I still seem to be chewing up lots of petrol!

Even on the motorway I've been sticking to 70 (very hard for me!)

I would have thought it'd be slightly worse but still capable of a decent return Neil. Any idea what you're getting from 1/4 tank, 1/2 tank etc??

I'm off down Oxford tomorrow from Brum, so I'll try and be scientific and work it out. Watch this space...

I reckon FRP mpg is about 10% less (roughly) than a 1.7 ... gets worse again if you add a rear spoiler ;)

Brum is home! Leeming is where I work in the week and spent too much time lol

I still kinda count Oxfordshire as my second home at the minute though - didn't want to leave there :(

Neil said:
Brum is home! Leeming is where I work in the week and spent too much time lol

I still kinda count Oxfordshire as my second home at the minute though - didn't want to leave there :(

Ah ok, presumed you lived at Leeming as you said you could be up for the north east meet.

The FRP has a lower final drive so will use more fuel than a standard 1.7 driven in the same way.

Well that's good to know - cheers all.

Expensive in every way aren't they!

who cares mate. you have a car that only 350ish people own in the world. its worth the slightly higher bills to maintain. I might be abit biased, but who cares

DradusContact said:
220 per tank, ouch! When your running at 70, what revs are you running at?

erm... i have to check that, lol. about 3300 maybe. Il get back to you.

220 is wen im doing a 20 mile round trip to work and bk. i get alot more on a long motorway journey.

Well mine runs abt about 3400 i reckon at 70, so if yours is roughly the same i cant imagine the final drive is making any difference for how hard the engine is working on the motorway.

like i sed il double check, thats just a very rough guess, as i dont usually do 70

Not sure what the exact final drive ratios are but an assumption of 500rpm difference could mean 10mph in top gear...

The FRP definitely runs at higher revs at any given speed, that combined with the larger frontal area can only give higher fuel consumption.

Latest posts

Back