Fuel pump/hoses

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatboy billy

I recently bought a puma as a non runner to take over daily duties from my fiesta but first I need to get it running so I've dropped the tank got the horrible rounded captive but things off no problem but I'm struggling with the fuel lines in the top of the pump. Anyone any tips on how to get them out I've squeezed he tabs in so hard on one I've broke it and it's till not out lol

Cheers Billy

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20887" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hi
I take it it's the red union you're having trouble with? It's incredibly tight for what it is but hopefully you should get it off without breaking it.
Barry

Thanks for the link :)

Yeah it's the red and the white as both need to come off to swap the pump as I don't have any hoses with the new pump

I've already broke the spinning collar off the red one so hoping its salvageable bit apparently I've been told if you squeeze the tabs and push the hose in that should help get it off and that you can g a little tool to help get it off so will try and hunt one down tomorrow

If you break them just contact Ian G off that link I sent you. He's a Puma parts dealer and will have everything you want.
Barry

I've found if you push the circular part down as far as possible onto the top of the pump assembly and then push in the tabs, that seems to work well. They sort of clip into place on top of the connection and then seem to come off pretty easily when the tabs are pressed in.

Will have another look tomorrow with the past one left that isn't broke but I need to message Ian for a fuel line now anyway lol

The hunt is on for fuel lines if anyone has any I'll buy them! I've messages Ian on ebay awaiting a reply!

Latest posts

Back