Helen's Red FRP

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an email from Tony the other day asking me when Elvin bought a Red FRP.. lol

bugger; post a pic, if its a similar to the crack on my spare rear bumper iv been quoted £250 to fix.... including full respray

for cracks in grp get the dremel out & with the small sanding bit grind out a chanel along the crack, then fill with fibreglass bodyfiller, sand flat.... still cost £100 to £200 to spray...

Dal said:
I got an email from Tony the other day asking me when Elvin bought a Red FRP.. lol

Ahh is this the car pumaspeed was selling a few years back??

I remember seeing it then and thinking it needed a fair bit of tidying up then. Does it have an FRP fuel cap cover yet?? Last time i saw the car it had a normal puma fuel cover!

I ment Tony as in P7TNY, not Tony @ PS.

its still got the std cap.....still trying to think of a way round that one! as the originals are silly price......

Ive got a frp cap i guess i could mould a copy quite easily although when you fit it youd need to use the original fuel cap the get the hinge off and latch.

Having looked closely at the flap its made from some resin type plastic probably as a result of low volume production. I should be able to quite easily make a copy of it.

DSC00192.jpg

Elvin can you take some photos of your fuel cap and also the level of the hinge in the opening etc. From what i remember, on the FRP the hinge is almost in normal place compared to normal puma as the wing hasnt flared too much by then.

sorry for a tread resurection but just for marcus is view

He should be back shortly

Latest posts

Back