Just found you!!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonspencer_1981

Hi everyone,

I have had my Puma for about a week now - 1.7VCT in FRP purple, and I just came across your site, so thought I'd join and say hello! :)

Hello there Jon *waves*

FRP purple? You mean melina blue?

[albumimg]652[/albumimg]

Any little questions you have about your new car, then just ask.

Yeah thats the colour!

Couple of questions actually...

I had to get the RAC out yesterday as my alarm was going off!

They disconnected the alarm horn and the alarm system, but left the immobiliser intact. The boot wouldn't open, a problem I have now fixed with a permenant feed from the stereo to a Cougar boot release switch.

However, I can't open it from the outside (a problem I'm putting down to the central locking) and can only open it from the interior switch when the car is running. I was thinking about feeding from the cigarette lighter as its live all the time, but if I get broken into, then the little b*gg*rs will be able to get into my boot :(

Is there any feed I can use that is live when the key isn't in the ignition, but dead when the car is started?

I'd wonder (and try to get to the bottom of) why your alarm was going of all the time rather than just by passing it. My (aftermarket) alarm kept going off once and it turned out to be the copper contacts on the boot connections were dirty and making the car think the boot was always open.

You'll not be insured either if they've disconnected the standard factory alarm, unless you've told your insurance of course.

I can't think of a live feed that goes off once your ignition is on though I'm afraid. The boot isn't supposed to be openable (sp?) when the ignition is on : it stops "oiks" from stealing the contents of your boot in traffic jams / high street etc. It can be annoying though.

Dal said:
I'd wonder (and try to get to the bottom of) why your alarm was going of all the time rather than just by passing it. My (aftermarket) alarm kept going off once and it turned out to be the copper contacts on the boot connections were dirty and making the car think the boot was always open.

You'll not be insured either if they've disconnected the standard factory alarm, unless you've told your insurance of course.

I can't think of a live feed that goes off once your ignition is on though I'm afraid. The boot isn't supposed to be openable (sp?) when the ignition is on : it stops "oiks" from stealing the contents of your boot in traffic jams / high street etc. It can be annoying though.

I'm not entirely sure why the alarm went off either. I have to unlock the car on the passenger side, and the barrel is a little loose (probably the nut inside the door card), so this may have done something to the central locking?

I told the insurance company, as I wanted to cover my back. But as far as I'm aware, the RAC man took a 20A fuse out of a white holder on the inside fusebox.

I'm not really that bothered about the boot lock situation, as it serves its purpose, only opperable with ignition on. I guess I'm just worried incase i hit the button by mistake.

Hopefully if I tighten the barrel up, it may resolve the issue and I can go back to how it was previously?

nippydee said:
Hello and welcome :) Lovely car the 1.7VCT FRP. Congrats and goodluck with the alarm system - you will find someone on here has the answer! Great site for advice etc x
Its not an FRP (I wish it was!!!), I just didn't know how to describe the colour :)

Dal, how about this for a proper purple one, and this is not Melina Blue!

EX_143_09191989576_03.jpg

That looks like a Thistle coloured Puma from the continent.

Without being able to see the picture in more detail, that appears to be thistle, which is a true purple. It wasn't available in the UK as a standard colour.
Melina blue looks purplish in the right light, but is still blue.

Dal beat me to it. Have a look at this thread Mark: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=67" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and this page: http://www.ford-puma.nl/ford_puma_kleuren.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
for what colours were available. ;)

Velcome ya ? :roll: sorry its getting late and i'm being silly. Congrats on your new puma! the colour is gorgeous aswell ! :-D

Back