Key T code

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new_puma

Allo, Just want to know...where would one find the T Code for my car key

Basically, I will have the key cut from this number, I have only one key, The remote key that is.

You should be able to tell just by looking at the key. The key has 6 "points", the height of each is either 1-4.

Not sure whether this is right but I have all three keys for mine and the third one only has a small plastic "T" handle with a cable tie attached to it with a serial number. I assume that's the number

new_puma said:
Also, If I have a key cut and programmed, will I be able to program another key with the original and cut key?
Yes, as long as the programmed key isn't a clone of the first.

[/quote]Yes, as long as the programmed key isn't a clone of the first.[/quote]

How do you mean "cloned"?

It will be a clone if they cut and program it right? to be the same as the original.

JoeB1 said:
You should be able to tell just by looking at the key. The key has 6 "points", the height of each is either 1-4.

1-4, 1 is no cut and 4 is the deepest cut. The T is the handle end of the key it's used so the locksmith knows which way round to cut the key.

the t bar key is a valet key so the car can be opened and locked but not started,doesnt matter which way the key is cut tho.

So yes you can read the code from the blade although sometimes it can be ambiguous to a novice if there aren't all variations of 1-4

You'll be able to program it to start the car only as above if the locksmith doesn't clone the first key to the second key. I.e. the second key is individually coded which from what I know is typically only done by Fords or a good auto-locksmith.

If the second key is cloned from the first key it shouldn't allow you to create a third key which starts the car.

martinthrapston said:
the t bar key is a valet key so the car can be opened and locked but not started,doesnt matter which way the key is cut tho.

It matters which way the key is cut. If the key number were T412311 then the deepest cut 4 is cut at the end nearest the fob/chip end, if you cut it the other way round with the 1 (no cut) at this end then it wouldn't turn the lock and the key number would then be T113214.

Why would you need to know the key code/number first. If you get a key cut from the one you've already got, the key cutter should be able to tell you the code/code number from that.....

SENATEpumA said:
Why would you need to know the key code/number first. If you get a key cut from the one you've already got, the key cutter should be able to tell you the code/code number from that.....

My one and only key had snapped, I took it to numerous auto locksmiths and they refused to cut me one due to where it snapped, so I opted for getting my key cut online, and they needed the T code...But I opted against that.

Then I went to like 4 more locksmiths and the last one (obviously) cut it for me.

And that SENATEpumA...is why I needed the T code

new_puma said:
SENATEpumA said:

My one and only key had snapped, I took it to numerous auto locksmiths and they refused to cut me one due to where it snapped, so I opted for getting my key cut online, and they needed the T code...But I opted against that.

Then I went to like 4 more locksmiths and the last one (obviously) cut it for me.

And that SENATEpumA...is why I needed the T code
Well, if you had actually said that in the first place..... :roll:

Back