LED bulbs (for all)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomEbbs

I really want to address the lack of light output on the Puma.

I’d love to swap to LED but have heard loads of horror stories of can bus errors, blown fuses and terrible quality.

Ideally headlights (all) rear clusters (all) and side repeaters.

Anyone done it? Any advice?

Pic for attention.
IMG_1613.jpeg

Reading that some replacement relays might be needed to retain the original indicator speed.

LED Flasher Relay, 3 Pin 12V LED Electronic Flasher Unit Adjustable Indicator Relay for Car Vehicle Motorcycle, CF14 Short Shell LED Flash Relay https://amzn.eu/d/abyhTwe

For side lights and side repeaters
Xnourney 194 LED Car Bulb T10 168 2825 W5W LED Bulb, Extremely Bright 12V 10SMD 5630 Chipset LED Bulb Used for Cars Trucks Interior Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights 6500K White https://amzn.eu/d/jhHcV9N

I used these in red, amber and white. Unfortunately only the white bulbs are available at the moment.
HSUN BAZ15D P21/4W S7225 S25 LED Bulbs White 6000K Extremely Bright Canbus for Car LED Brake Light Tail Light Back Up Light,2 Pack https://amzn.eu/d/e6QzotC

I’d love to swap to LED but have heard loads of horror stories of can bus errors, blown fuses and terrible quality.
IIRC, the Puma does not have CANBUS.
When I changed some of mine to LED a long time ago, I seem to recollect having to switch 2 wires over at the rear (which was either the indicator or stop/tail before they would work). I could check later today if required?

IIRC, the Puma does not have CANBUS.
When I changed some of mine to LED a long time ago, I seem to recollect having to switch 2 wires over at the rear (which was either the indicator or stop/tail before they would work). I could check later today if required?
Correct the puma doesn't use can bus, but fitting leds for the indicators will cause the standard relay to flash quickly as if a bulb is blown. This is overcome by using load resistors or the relay I have used that compensates for this.

Indicators done. Relay is on the indicator stalk and was an easy swap.

I got some t10 sidelight leds that I couldn’t get working at all. Tried both polarities.

I’ve ordered some brake/tail lights arriving today. So good progress.

Cheers for all the tips!

Had some brake light bulbs delivered. Illuminate really well when braking however only the passenger side works as a side light, drivers side doesn’t light up. Switched the bulbs from side to side to make sure the bulbs are ok and same result. Any ideas?

Had some brake light bulbs delivered. Illuminate really well when braking however only the passenger side works as a side light, drivers side doesn’t light up. Switched the bulbs from side to side to make sure the bulbs are ok and same result. Any ideas?
Did the original non LED bulb work Ok, before you fitted the new bulb ?
May be a poor connection on the multi connector or the bulb socket.

Latest posts

Back