My Puma 1.7, more than a year on (A works in progress)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing work :) Good to meet you at Thoresby too :) Hope to see you at more shows :) Vas

So many projects Barry! Always a nice feeling saving a bit of money too. As you know, I'm going in the other direction! :lol:

Hi Ben
I can't imagine how sick you're feeling at the moment about your car, I just hope you manage to diagnose what caused all that damage in your engine.
TBH I have too many projects but if a cheap Heinkel/Trojan came up I'd jump on it :)

Hi Tom
I restored it in 2010 but I'm going to hang on to it for a little longer as two stroke prices are on the way up and it is 41 years old now.
Barry

Well I actually got around to doing some cosmetics that had been bugging me on the Puma for ages.

280520162711_zpsfsizkal3 by barry wilson, on Flickr

So it was off with the passenger side mirror which was more oxidised than the drivers side

280520162714_zpsjyanvqlr by barry wilson, on Flickr

Might just be able to see the pinkness of it on this photo.

280520162712_zps4ss68llu by barry wilson, on Flickr

Just checking on my 3 year old waxoil in the door, no way is that going to rust.

280520162724_zpscalr4qr9 by barry wilson, on Flickr

Mirror flatted and ready for paint on my DIY rig (a block of wood on an oil filled radiator) It has been cold up here this week.

290520162728_zps0eo28v4y by barry wilson, on Flickr

Mirror painted and clearcoated.

290520162729_zpsvodeh5wr by barry wilson, on Flickr

Back on the car and ready for the Tatton Park classic car show tomorrow :)

Hi Sinisa
From memory up until today I think it's been around 12 - 14C but with a cold wind so I think without the heat it would have bloomed the paint.
Barry

Your red is very nice and vivid! Good job, temps back up to 23 tomorrow and 25 Sunday :grin:

You sprayed out of a gun, right Barry?

Hi Ben
No rattle cans but pretty sure it was isocyanite paint so there was a lot of deep breaths and running in and out of the garage. Best paint going but very toxic. Looking forward to a nice sunny show tomorrow for a change :)
Barry

Hi Rob
Never thought of that but thanks for the offer :) . I'm free next week if you want some more help, just had Andrew over this week so couldn't come over to yours.
Barry

No probs mate. Definitely on for next week, back to normal by then so no distractions :wink:

Ill give you a call early in the week, sort it then.

Rob.

You're doing cosmetics Barry :grin: From the man who thinks polish is a sin!!

Seriously, looks good. Sorry I can come today, gutted!

Cheers Guys, you didn't miss a great show today James, a bit gutted really as didn't get to show as it's all pre-booking plus it cost £24 for us both. I think Thoresby and Ripon are both a match and much cheaper.
Barry

Back