Polar Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wip3 said:
My Patience finally paid off and the wheels left UK yesterday :thumbs:
That's good news!!

Look forward to seeing them on the Puma!!

Got the new wheels and tires under the car and cleaned it inside out. I think the wheels were worth waiting :cool:

IMG_4979.JPG

IMG_4985.JPG

IMG_4998.JPG

IMG_5008.JPG

IMG_5017.JPG

Clean interior with Sparco pedals, RRS suede wheel and Dunlop gear knob.

IMG_4967.JPG

Track debut next Monday. Hopefully it'll go well and I wont crash it...

Loving the wheels, really suit it :thumbs:

I think a nice tailpipe would finish it off though

Cheers

Damo

damo :-) said:
I think a nice tailpipe would finish it off though

Not a bad idea! I might need to replace at least part of the exhaust at some point anyway. :oops:

slayllian said:
Toyo T1R's, what you rekon?

At first they felt bloody awful but that was only because the tire shop had put 2.2 Bar to FL, 2.6 to FR, 2.6 to RL and 2.2 to RR. Now that I checked the tire pressures and got them to 2 bar all around they feel a lot better. The sidewalls do feel pretty soft, but the grip and feel are good. Last night I did a braking test from 100 to 0 in the same place as with my old rubbish tires and the Toyos stopped half the distance. And it was raining. And with the other tires it wasn't.

We'll see how they work on track next Monday. Does anyone have any tire pressure recommendations for track?

First trackday with the Puma today. The weather was lovely and the Puma was a treat to drive. Only let downs were the T1R's which don't seem to handle the heat very well, but they're OK for 30 pounds each :) Another problem was that the center caps of the wheels melted and fell to the track. Some racing wheels these Team Dynamics eh...?

I'll get some better brake pads and remove the abs fuse for next time. For now I'm pretty happy with the way it went :cool:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXkXDgLbsB0[/youtube]

Few (not so good) pics:

DSC_0106.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

Who stole my center cap???
DSC_0119.JPG

No one did...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKhPvqYAQpg[/youtube]

Xparty said:
lol too much power on wheels :p I cant Like those Fogs , sorry :|

I hate them now cause they don't have the yellow films. Got to get some new film soon :oops:

Not much has happened with the car since the last post. I'm now working full time so going to the track isn't as easy as it used to be. Still I was able to go once and it was enormous fun even tough I had my horrible Toyos under the car. :grin:

Here's my fastest lap of the day:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO5dWiv-3_Q[/youtube]

After Ahvenisto I've bought some Hankook RS-2 tires and they're much much better than those horrible soft and wobbly Toyos I used to have. The car feels a lot more responsive and agile with the Hankooks. I also got Powerflex bushes to the back and made a splitter out of plywood. I'm eager to get to the track and see how the car has improved :oops:

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

Looking nice mate, already have the same idea for the splitter, maybe i will do the same :grin:

Melina Blue. I know that most hate the fogs, but I like them and they give a personal touch :wink:

Bought myself a new wheel.

IMG_0101.JPG

Nardi Deepcorn 330mm, leather. Absolutely love it :cool:

But what next? Some sport/bucket seats maybe?

cd player surround looks either upside down or a different kind of fascia that only exists in finland!

Latest posts

Back