Rally car reshell

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have the same issue.was gonna do the same,however i may just try it without the arb connected

I did try to connect it to the bottom arms with a Vauxhall drop link, but it snapped so will try a rose joint.

Finished a bunch of wiring (trip, nav led lights, intercom, LED clock) and, as it was nice and sunny, stuck some stripes on it.

1606880_10202662361753441_253820623_n.jpg

10168093_10202829390929066_6384497071028115578_n.jpg

Andrew Hebron said:
ArtfulHussy said:
This is everything I want in a puma. :wub:

Looking forward to lots of post rally reviews (and in car footage maybe? Please? Pretty, pretty please?).

Well I'll try to walk the fine line between providing updates and boring everyone to death. In-car camera being installed...watch this space -----> [ s p a c e ]

BTW, weren't you threatening to build one yourself a while back??

Yeeeap. I will get there eventually. :lol:

juzzo said:
Yeah,think a rose joint is the way to go

M14 r/j:

Puma reshell 246

With M14>M12 alignment spacer through the r/j and a M16>M14 spacer underneath the bottom arm to space the nut past the upside-down U-shaped bit of the bottom arm (which prevents the nut getting on otherwise). Hope that last bit makes sense.

Gordon or Stephen at Proflex should be able to advise you on spring rates - they will need to know intended use (loose, asphalt, rally / race etc), corner weights and damper travel

Ziggy said:
Gordon or Stephen at Proflex should be able to advise you on spring rates - they will need to know intended use (loose, asphalt, rally / race etc), corner weights and damper travel

I have some on order. Took advice but also did a load of calculations on damper travel, ride height platform height, compression under weight etc etc. They're probably all wrong, but I ended up with 40 n/mm front and 20 rear so I will see what that feels like.

Andrew Hebron said:
juzzo said:
Yeah,think a rose joint is the way to go

M14 r/j:

Puma reshell 246

With M14>M12 alignment spacer through the r/j and a M16>M14 spacer underneath the bottom arm to space the nut past the upside-down U-shaped bit of the bottom arm (which prevents the nut getting on otherwise). Hope that last bit makes sense.

just the job..i used mine the other week without the arb fitted,its was ok tbf

Well I've been a bit remiss in posting updates on here, but it all got a bit depressing (as some will know from FB) when the car got nicked back in August. We found it (through the power of Facebook) the next day. They'd obviously failed to hotwire it (not entirely an accident) and instead nicked bits off it like the seats and throttle bodies. They tried to nick the head but screwed it up (both the nicking of it and the actual head itself) and left.

Anyhow the upshot was a significant insurance claim and we're now almost back to where I'd got to in July when it was running and MSA logbooked. Without going into details on a public forum, obviously, it is a little harder to nick now. MOT and rolling road (again) this month and I'll update when we go out to have a play in the New Year.

1395805_10204378714541188_9044165264038669071_n.jpg

:? Glad to hear you got it back and it's back up to scratch. How very frustrating :evil:

red said:
:? How very frustrating :evil:
Ahhh, the famous British understatement :lol:

Yes, it was a little...! The worst being, obviously, before we found it and thinking about the hours and hours of work from shell preparation onward. Bits can be bought and bolted on, but the thought of stripping a donor shell down and starting again was unbearable.

Yes it was quite an understatement on what I was intending to write however I'm at work and thought it might not be appropriate :lol:

Yes the hours on preparation would be the most devastating, at least it didn't get completely trashed.

Glad you got the car back in the end. Like u say it's the time not the money that would of been the killer. Its amazing how much time that is involved and my car is only half the spec of yours. Be good to see you out and about next year.

Graeme

Latest posts

Back