Sparx's Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I don't think it looks great but it looks like it's right on the limit of being considered outside of the arch from that picture?

Nice job getting through your list :D

Hope your feet are getting better!!

evilrob said:
PumaNoob said:
Didnt Mac tell you, theres another item you can cross off that list now!
It's this, isn't it?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqwH3AudH-M[/youtube]

Sparx said:
TO DO:
Dildo gear stick OBTAINED (already had)

:funny:

PumaNoob said:
Didnt Mac tell you, theres another item you can cross off that list now! :cool:

He did tell me, thank you very much!! :grin:

red said:
Not that I don't think it looks great but it looks like it's right on the limit of being considered outside of the arch from that picture?

Nice job getting through your list :D

Hope your feet are getting better!!

Yea i think you're right, although the 16's hold 195 tyres so theyre slightly thinner than the Speedlines, also if worse comes to worst I can always get the rear spacers swapped for 20mm ones :eek:k:

FINALLY getting round to officially updating this.. Pumba spent a little bit of time up at Errolls to get her FRP Cams fitted and I got her back just in time for my birthday at the start of the month :wub: now I can officially cross Cams off my list :D

I've also taken ITB's off of my list as i've changed my mind about them and will be probably be heading down a completely different route.

TO DO:
FRP Alcon Brakes incl. FRP Braided Brake hoses OBTAINED MOT issue
New Bushes OBTAINED MOT issue
O/S Inner CV gaiter - OBTAINED MOT issue
Welding - MOT issue
Cold air feed to Cone Induction OBTAINED
FRP Cams
New front bumper to be painted and fitted
New tail gate to be painted and fitted (?)

Hopefully I can get her over to Ginger Tom's soon to get the Alcons fitted and finally the last of the MOT issues sorted!

RyanG said:
Car looks well as always :)

Shame you have taken the itb's off your list, looks like im back on my own lol

Thanks Ryan, yea it was something I was sure I wanted until Erroll put a new idea into my head.. :roll:

BigAl said:
Looking good Sparx! Can't wait to see it back on track again! :lol:

Thanks, I cant wait to get her out on track again!! :grin:

Took a couple of snaps after a quick clean...

IMG_3160_zpse5d9818b.jpg

IMG_3159_zps86700b3f.jpg

After much deliberation it has become apparent that the 16" wheels are not going to work with the planned front brake upgrade. So i've accepted the fact that i'm going to have to stick with the 17" Speedlines - which to be honest isn't a bad thing i just wanted smaller wheels for track. Basically the diameter of the inside of the wheel is too small and the wheel weights catch on the caliper and the offset is too high. Therefore I have decided to go for 20mm front wheel spacers and 4 pot Focus RS Brembo calipers.

DSC_0147_zps10caf2d4.jpg

DSC_0002_zpsab1234a3.jpg

So ST170 front discs, which work out better financially in the long run, have been purchased along with brand new Focus RS front brake pads.

This also means the rear 30mm spacers will have to be changed to 20mm to allow the Speedlines to fit inside the arch due to the bump rate of the lower coilover system.

I've also had a set of front hubs modified with longer hub bolts to allow for the bigger brakes and spacers.

DSC_0151_zps1ac8b44a.jpg

And lastly i've managed to acquire FRP Inlet Manifold no. 0491 to complete my FRP engine :D

DSC_0003_zps09954928.jpg

can you run st170 discs with RS brembos?? as the RS discs are 324mm im gonna run the rs discs till i can get some bells made up as rs discs are heavy!!!

Yes, st170 discs are 300mm and so the RS Brembo's fit as a direct replacement to the original calipers. With the 324mm RS discs you need to make a custom bracket to mount the caliper either brembo or Alcon.
So yes ST170 300mm discs and RS Brembo's do fit.

Brand new wishbone fitted

DSC_0005_zpsca7016bb.jpg

Suspension remounted with brand new top mounts, hub reseated, brand new drop links fitted and new ABS cable fitted to hub

DSC_0007_zps6d749afd.jpg

Nice shiny new ST170 300mm discs fitted along with RS Brembo calipers with brand new RS brake pads and 20mm front spacers

DSC_0009_zps1f153c42.jpg

Stopping power of an AK47 in a shopping mall during the january sales ... :hide:

DSC_0013_zpsd4e1d22e.jpg

Sparx said:
Stopping power of an AK47 in a shopping mall during the january sales ... :hide:
hahaha
id say more of an M16 series 5.56mm rifle.

standard brakes are equivilent to a BB gun
Alcon 4 pots, An AK47 at close range.
AP 4 pots, and AK47 at medium range.
AP 6 pots, a 0.50 machine gun
AP 8 pots, a 20mm vulcan phalanx set to "auto" - ie total overkill.

:lol: - I've only been here four years but the pinkeye smiley still makes me chuckle.

Latest posts

Back