Steel Blue track car project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flying Scotsman said:
Sparx said:
I wanna do brands again :grin:

Lol, get your engine fixed first... stickers will only get you so far x

I know ;p

Scott134 said:
Well if either of you book a session there, let me know as I would like to join you!
Looking at booking up Cadwell Park next.

Cadwell Park is miles away :lol:

Thanks Dr@c. I haven't updated for a while but will add photos from Ford Fair track time shortly and there will be an interesting update soon with my lightweight bonnet and tailgate courtesy of Kizza!

Well, my Puma hasn't seen any action at all for the last two and a bit months. It has been sat up, gathering dust over winter! Anyway, feeling optimistic that the weather is starting to improve, I put the white wheels and road tres back on (saving the cut slicks for the track) and put her back on the road. It needs a good clean and there are lots of things I want to do before my first rack day of the year but that will all depend on funds! Here she is on her first trip to the petrol station in almost three months!

Ha ha. Thanks Noobrider! Appreciate that. It's been a fun project so far and plenty to do in 2014!

Had the car back on track recently at Snetterton. Loved the circuit and had a great day. The car was handling brilliantly and I still love my Yoko cut slicks. They have made such a difference but the whole feel of the car was great. It stood up to another full day of circuit driving and still got me home fine afterwards! Love it. The only problems we had were a bit of rubbing on the back wheels where I had gone too low, so we adjusted the suspension to a bit higher during the day. Also I hit a bump HARD on the way into the circuit and dislodged the exhaust so we had an exhaust blow all day... Still, it made it sound better for the track! Lol. Still passed the noise test too! My brother managed to get the car wide into a gravel trap but kept it going and, after digging some large stones out from between the tyre and the rim, we were straight back out on circuit again.

A great day out. Good to meet Mac and BigAl too, although a shame they were having a few teething problems with the car they were running. It would have been good to have a proper match up between them! Was fun following Al around for a few laps though for a photo opportunity. Lol.

Anyway, here are a couple of my pics from the day. Hope to be back there soon...

And here is a short video clip taken on my phone to show it sounded on the day with the slight exhaust blow! I liked it! Lol

Well, this photo is just a clue as to what we have planned next for the Puma! I managed to source a decent engine with 66k on the clock. This is now sitting in my Dad's garage ready to be completely stripped down and rebuilt. Final spec is still subject to amendment but it should be good! More details to follow soon, so watch this space! Lol

Great progress on the car and enjoyable thread to read. Just got myself a puma already fairly track focused but some ideas have come from your car ;-)

Got first track day of next year at brands (also my local circuit) early March so can't wait but looking to visit several tracks next year

Thanks Leeroyv. Glad someone got some ideas from this thread! Brands is so much fun. You'll love it. I have another baby due in March so won't be on track again until later in 2015 but keep me posted if you go to Brands again and I'll try to join you. It's good to get more than one Puma on track! Good luck with your project.

Santa was good to me ... Lightweight race battery and Compbrake track rod ends :grin:

Well, after many months of waiting, we finally got into our new house, which means the Puma finally has a double garage to call home! Work can now start on some of the projects I have been putting off while waiting to move. Can't wait!

First couple of jobs in the new garage ...

Get lights out and bumper off for some weight reduction:

Won't be needing this!

Also got my FibreBuild bonnet on ... Just to test fit for now. Pleased with the fit. I had the prototype one off of Kizza so it needs some tidying but not much to do to get it ready for paint really:

Back