The £650 Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant, had some well needed help from KIZZA on a few occasions recently which saved a lot of pain and hassle :eek:k:

You'll have to share your real pies with them though :shock:

You're not far from me, so I'd run over and give you a hand, but depends on how desperate you are.... to get it done, not for my help...... :roll:

CherryVimto said:
You're not far from me, so I'd run over and give you a hand, but depends on how desperate you are.... to get it done, not for my help...... :roll:
That's ridiculously kind (and why wouldn't I want your help - you're building a flipping turbo!!!), but it's a long drive to to give me a hand!

I'm going to brow-beat my neighbor into lending a hand seeing as I've paid for his Ford Fair ticket. If he wants to get there, he needs to get dirty (awaiting terrible evilrob/questy quote-edit).

I seriously wouldn't mind.... as long as you know how to make coffee!

I don't mind helping anyone out, as I'm sure it would be appreciated.

But, I think your neighbour would probably get there a bit quicker than me! Lol

CherryVimto said:
I seriously wouldn't mind.... as long as you know how to make coffee!
Of course he knows how... it's whether or not he will that should be your concern... :-D #thatoldchestnut

Mmmmm.... new clutchy loveliness! :grin:

new-clutch-parts_zps71e3dd58.jpg

Ah, not this weekend! I've got the kids all to my self tomorrow and I don't think it's responsible to get a 3 year old to help remove a gearbox...

Sunday, I'm off to Goodwood to look at lovely cars that I could never hope to own!

Today I had a work colleague come over (by the enticement of a roast chicken dinner) to give me a hand removing the gearbox and....

gearbox-out_zpsbe8e553c.jpg

Eventually found that the throttle body had a bracket that was fouling the gearbox making it impossible to remove. Once I'd whipped off the body, the gearbox virtually fell off (I sort of caught it....)!

Soooo.... flywheel seems in good shape;

flywheel_zps7cd94caa.jpg

As does the old clutch with plenty of meat left on it (it always felt recently done);

old-clutch_zpse6089b8e.jpg

However, the release bearing that came off was very worn which explains the rumbling it had unless depressed.

However, as with most things Jegger there was a problem - spot the issue that stopped any further progress;

clutch_zpsa39ff6bf.jpg

Yes, I've been sent the wrong clutch kit. Even the release bearing and cylinder was the wrong bolt pattern so that's as far as I've gotten.

Ah well.... :roll:

Latest posts

Back