The £650 Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More progress today - Firstly, after the little rubber blank on the throttle body disintegrated, YOG came to the rescue with a replacement.

new-rubber-nubbin_zpsdbd1ad03.jpg

Actually fairly chuffed that the old one crumbled when it did rather than later when I wouldn't have noticed it.

The rest of the afternoon was spent bolting the front and rear engine/'box mounts back up, setting up the gear linkage, torquing up the offside suspension components, fitting the nearside wishbone and a myriad of other jobs. Really feels like it's finally coming together now! :grin:

Also decided to have a go at the small amount of rust inside the bottom of the front wings while the wheel-arch carpet is out. Bilt Hamber to the rescue again!

wing-bottoms_zps223d7be3.jpg

When it's finished curing, I'll treat the whole area with Dynax wax.

This must be your ultimate Workshop Manual, coming October 2014 from Haynes!
An indispensable guide for anyone who loves a good pie
by Andrew Webb
What chap doesn’t love a good pie?
But if you thought it was too hard to make your own at home, think again. The Men’s Pie Manual tells you everything you need to know about making and baking proper pies.
Covering tools and equipment, perfect pastry, and fantastic fillings, it will have you wowing your friends and family.
Because when you bring a big golden pie to the table and gently break into that flaky pastry, or pop a steamed pudding and let the filling slowly tumble out, anyone who isn’t impressed by that isn’t worthy of space at your table; fetch their coat.
• Equipment - all the kit you’ll need, from spring form tins to rolling pins, as well as how to take care of your knife.
• Pastry - Short crust to rough puff. How to make the golden casing for you pies.
• Stocks and sauces - Can you make a cup of tea? Yes? Then you can make stock. It’s that easy, and a key component in pies.
• Recipes - Fancy tucking in to a huge steak and ale pie, or maybe showing off your homemade Melton Mowbray pork pie to the lads? What about a classic apple or cherry pie? Finally, even things that are almost pies such as sausage rolls, pasties, and Beef Wellingtons are covered.

What a book!

Seriously though, Haynes can publish a book about pies, but can't produce a Puma manual due to lack of potential sales.

The Christmas joke present market has a lot to answer for!

And some more "massed produced" products Haynes are producing Manuals for:

Ferrari 250 GTO, An insight into owning, racing and maintaining Ferrari’s iconic sports racer.

Ford GT40, An insight into owning, racing and maintaining Ford’s legendary sports racing car.

McDonnell Douglas/Boeing F-15 Eagle, an insight into operating, flying and maintaining the USAF’s all-weather tactical jet fighter.

The evening was far too nice to waste today, so I cracked on with Jegger.

Fitted; Airbox and intake, nearside drive-shaft, hub, disk, calliper, strut, drop-link, radiator fan.

I also coated the bottom of the front wings in Dynax.

As a final sting in the tail, the nearside track-rod end that I bought ages ago and fitted turned out to not fit in the hub properly - nowhere near enough thread to securely hold the nut in place. I'll have to get another this week. Once that's done, there's not a lot left to do!

The only thing I'm a little nervous about is bleeding the clutch as I've heard it can be a begger to do!

Still, chuffed with the progress. :grin:

Good work sir!

Bilt Hamber will be visiting my front wings and sills this week... Assuming I can get the ***ing struts out!

They can be devils to get out especially if they have been in there a while! I copper-slipped the one I removed from the hub and cleaned up the hub so it slipped back in nicely. Worth doing in case you need to remove it again in the future.

I picked up a tip on here which was to use a jack. I've just got both knuckle joints free doing that in 5 minutes tops :)

Time to order new shocks and springs as it's another part that looks original. springs have some small flaking corrosion.
Apart from Ford, who's good (and cheap of course) ?

And now, for what seems like an eternity, Jegger is back on 4 wheels!

back-on-the-ground_zpsae1cf216.jpg

Liking the painted mudguard clips as opposed the rusty way they looked before!

mud-flaps_zpsc0268a95.jpg

Just need to fill the gearbox and bleed the clutch and it's test drive time! :thumbs:

Also this arrived through the post today!

impact_zpsdab424a4.jpg

YOG - let me know when you want to borrow it.

Latest posts

Back