The £650 Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough. I've got a spare sensor from mine but not sure if the coloured plugs are the same as the black ones....

I've got a new one to go in, but my main worry is that I chop the sensor and still can't get it out! Just going by previous experiences on this car!!

I still haven't been able to shift the sensor, so it might have to go in to a garage and let them deal with it!

I did finally get around to doing a service today though. New Bosch plugs, oil+oil filter, air filter and 5 litres of semi-synth - £45 quid. Can't argue with that for cheap motoring!

With the new plugs and oil, the engine feels lovely - sewing-machine-smooth and has seemed to have rid the slight judder when pulling away which must have been the old plugs. Still down on power though.

The Arch Bishop said:
Give it a few weeks and I'll have my Eibachs for sale if you want to lower. KYB for the shocks - seem decent value and a good brand.

I guess you already sold your Eibachs, right? May i ask how much?

With the MGF being a big attention whore, poor old Jegger has been sat down the drive for a while looking cobwebby with an entire Summer's worth of dirt plastered down his flanks. I was feeling sorry for him and I wanted to drive him this week coming, so I dug him out from the drive and gave him a clean up. As always, he washed up well and with an oil top up, a little coolant, screen wash, some air in the tires and a new air freshener, he's ready to go.

I also stripped out the wheel arch carpet so I could address the ill fitting air intake hoses. The plastic had broken around where it locks together with the airbox, so I drilled a small hole and stuck a tiny self-tapper in it to keep them together.

Jegger has done well this Summer as he was my main transport for over two months. Hopefully I can get some of the Autumn out of him as well before I have to go back to the thirsty Subaru...

Seeing as everyone is updating their threads, I thought I'd better do mine!

Over the late Autumn/Winter, we've been busy having a house extension done so no time for cars. In fact both Jegger and the MGF were packed off to my In-laws for about 6 weeks while the builders set about smashing parts of the house down. However, when my daily Subaru failed its MOT due to the rear struts collapsing (I thought it felt a bit wobbly), Jegger was wheeled out briefly while it was being repaired. I've made a point of taking Jegger out every now and again to both continue some motivation and to remind me how fun cars can be!

Now the extension is complete both cars are back and I also have my garage back. I was given a sturdy old work bench by my Father in law which ended up the perfect size for the garage.

I also shelled out on a decent jack, A massive great jobby that makes lifting cars a doddle!

But, it's apparent more work is needed, so I think a shopping/to-do list is in order!

Cambelt! - I don't think I can put this off any longer and I'm tempting fate now...
New tyres - The Falkens are getting a bit thin and age-hardened and it's time for something new. Also gives me a chance to fit a set of near-mint prop alloys I've had in the shed for a few years.
Fix the OBD port - Found a useful video on how to test OBD ports on cars. Mine has never worked, mostly I suspect due to the repeated water ingress I had. Would be useful to diagnose my lack of power issue.
Rear beam bushed - Getting pretty clunky now. I think the new ones that were fitted years ago must have been cheap copies. Also hoping to paint the beam while I'm there.
Brake upgrade - Looking to get some ST150 callipers and disks (and 3mm spacers to clear the props). If anyone has some going cheapish, let me know! Will probably need painting up as well as the rear drums.

That's about it so far although I'm sure there's some odds and sods that I'm forgetting. Here's to a productive new year of Puma tinkering!

Yeah, still for now. Its on its 3rd battery now, never goes anywhere as I cant afford to run 3 cars unfortunately :-( But still one day, it will be back out on the road!

A large parcel arrived yesterday courtesy of ArtfulHussy which should knock one of the items off of my list!

24087413883_fa78a82f20_b.jpg

24620748771_26b8e72ac8_b.jpg

A pair of ST150 callipers, ready-shotblasted and complete with repair kits and new pistons. As an added bonus, they have a set of Goodrich braided hoses which may be a better length than my Hel lines (which are too long and occasionally rub).

Because I love my Prop alloys, I also ordered in some 3mm spacers;

24086094124_bea48efd66_b.jpg

Just need to order some disks and pads when funds allow.

I'm going to paint the callipers silver as I don't want it to look obviously modified. After doing some research, it seems that Hamerite Smooth silver is more than up to the job. Off to B&Q I go!

Latest posts

Back