Track day car

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good, dont worry about that lower strut brace, mine is the same, they do sit very close to the gearbox anyway!! for any track car ideas have a look at my puma!

Ok here it is mate. I elongated the n/s bolt hole a little and shaved a very small amount of the bottom of the gearbox for good measure. Doesn't knock anymore. Drew a line with tippex so you can see it.

IMG_0063.jpg

Thanks for that mrMechanix but I had a closer look and my strut brace touches the gear box was resting on the strut,even after shaving a bit off the gearbox but it still touches.It is either my brace is very high or I suspect my upper gearbox mount needs to be changed as my gearbox does appeat to hang lower then yours. I am going to take it off and get a new gearbox mount and try again.

PumaJay said:
Looking good, dont worry about that lower strut brace, mine is the same, they do sit very close to the gearbox anyway!! for any track car ideas have a look at my puma!

Cheers m8 I have taken a look at your car and have quite a few ideas especially like the way you have done your door cards and facia. My strut brace touches I believe it is my gear box mount so have taken it off until I get a new mount

Removed rear wiper saved some weight also looks cleaner

P1010057.jpg

Moved rear wheel got rid of the under bonnet carrier and put wheel inside car using TRS wheel strap

P1010083.jpg

It looks really good but can you all stop doing the things in my head before I have done them!
Stripes were going to go on my car lol.

Are you just having those 2 or will there be some on the sides?

Cars looking good, I love the lotus green/yellow colours, must be cause I'm a Norfolk boy, lol! :eek:k:

Thanks m8 they were hard to fit- first time so thing I done ok.

Got one of these as my battery keeps going flat because the car doesn't get driven daily

xs7000lg.jpg

No real update but hope to start stripping the car taking out all sound deadening .

Looking good mate - Loving the green/yellow but would like to see some pics of it in daylight.

Do you attend any track days at all?

Back