V 14 FRP

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't actually mention ProjP - it comes up with 'advertisment not permitted' :?

Bit of an update really on #014

In September I had the auxilliary belt and idler pulley changed - was squealing like a biatch lol! (@QCS in Quorn)
Got abit of a bargain on some brand new wheel nuts for £30 (set of 3 and postage) these will go on after the winter and after the bodywork has been done :)

After having it looked over yesterday and a horrid droning noise constantly on the car its in need of both rear wheel bearings replaced - hopefully I'll be getting these done next week - just waiting for another quote.

Next Thursday will be the day for winter prep :D got some Lime Prime light (Dodo Juice) to strip off the summer wax will be given a thorough wash and collinite on for the winter months
Will also get the wheels off again and get them cleaned and waxed :D

Thats all for now - until after Christmas me hopes lol!

ensure they are FRP wheel nuts, as are different to the standard wheel nuts.

I did replace the nuts for this reason when I first got it :)

they are genuine 909 parts mate :eek:k:
I know what they look like :p lol

lst 3 sets the guy was selling aswell... well chuffed :D

Errrm, whats different about the FRP wheel nuts? :oops:

I swapped mine over from the blue car to the red one? :?

its about the angle of the mating face... :grin:

FRP speedline wheels have a different angle to standard puma wheels.

well got my few niggles sorted out on Friday...

new N/S/R wheel bearing - has the same part number as the Fiesta st150.. but apparently stronger (and cheaper from Fraud ;) ) as the puma bearing has a plastic outer casing the the st150 has a metal one! this sorted the droning noise :D

Pair of new rear wishbone bushes - the O/S one had just about perished completely

#014 feels like new so came home from uni the back roads :drive:

can't wait to get the brakes and new suspension done in late Feb hopefully!!! :D

cool, nice on Zara.

Looking forward to getting my new suspention fitted nxt year, gonna be one of the final touches to the frp before the respray :)

FRP is now booked in with el dude for 24th February:
new suspension all round
front and rear brake service
rear calipers painted silver

:D can't wait!!

mikeFRP said:
cool, nice on Zara.

Looking forward to getting my new suspention fitted nxt year, gonna be one of the final touches to the frp before the respray :)

cool beans mate! can't wait to get the new suspension on! mine will be in to the body shop after tha to ger the rust sorted out, both sides of the car will be completely resprayed also will tidy up the blow over from before aswell :)

then in for the underseal before next winter :D

awesome, sounds like your still loving the frp. :)

Hows your paintshield holding out? is it worth the 850 quid they charge for the full kit :shock:

its been on for over 2 years now, I'll let zara know tell you how it is now, never an issue while I owned the car.

Back