Pippa Puma Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a fan of the standard looking cars. I like the more diverse rare types.
But I must admit that I like your attention to detail and for a standard car.. I like it!

P.s, Dirty wheel arches and you missed a bit inside the tailpipe :-D

Enjoy FITP!

Flying Scotsman said:
I'm not a fan of the standard looking cars. I like the more diverse rare types.
But I must admit that I like your attention to detail and for a standard car.. I like it!

P.s, Dirty wheel arches and you missed a bit inside the tailpipe :-D

Enjoy FITP!
I'm not a fan of the cars with mudflaps held on with meccano. I like the more subtle, unobtrusive mods.

But I must admit that I like your flagrant disregard for doing things elegantly in favour of getting the job done, which is why you have a mental turbo Puma and I took four years to put some stickers on. :-D

PS - my arches and tailpipe are dirty because I can drive my car far enough to get in that condition. :p

Shiny new number plates arrived. Were supposed to be here for FITP but never mind.

Image.jpg

Apparently I don't do enough work on Pippa for Alex's liking. I do need a kick up the arse, to be fair! :lol: So just for him:

Poo old number plates with rusty screws:

Image.jpg

This one wasn't even printed straight FFS!

Image.jpg

Velcro for easy swapping over of show plates, with the added benefit of a nice clean look with no holes drilled:

Image.jpg

Filthy grilles (urgh!):

Image.jpg

Much better:

Image.jpg

Image.jpg

Old washer jets:

Image.jpg

New washer jets:

Image.jpg

Discarded baguette warmer:

Image.jpg

Dunno mate - bought them about a year ago.
facepalm.gif

eBay or local Ford Parts desk I imagine.

Part numbers and YOG's guide here:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=13702" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alexwilliams840 said:
You bought them a year ago and just put them on :-D
Yes, I'm afraid so. :oops:

alexwilliams840 said:
what's next then? :p
I think I'm almost done with the little tweaks and touches now:

Interior mods:

Exterior mods:

Engine mods:

The remaining things on my to-do list are mostly bodywork related (rusty arch and sill, new tailgate, alloy refurb, front and rear bumper respray), expensive replacements (headlights, windscreen, tyres) or mechanical stuff I need to pay someone else to do (suspension, cambelt) as I am about as good with a spanner as Michael Barrymore is at hosting pool parties - sooner or later something ends up buggered.

These are the last remaining bits I can do myself:

• Get new centre caps and bolt covers for alloys - need to find out part numbers and get them ordered
  • Get a new black bumper trim - actually ordered this, waiting for it to turn up
  • Get new tailgate as someone reversed into mine and legged it in Dec 2012 - actually have this, but it needs a respray
  • Get a 'Croatian' steering wheel - waiting until Croatia is part of the EU from 1st July as this will simplify getting the steering wheel there and back again with regards import/export stuff
  • Install new Mud Flaps all round - actually have these, just need to get round to doing it!
  • Install the chrome dial surrounds I got off eBay, considering swapping out the white dials for black dials - actually have the dial surrounds, just need to get the black dials.
  • Replace dog-eared Thunder decals - need to measure and order these

Looking good :)

I had about a fifth of the amount of velcro on the front of mine! You'll have fun getting that off!

Do you like those spray jets and the way they spray? I'm still undecided with mine preferring the standard 2 jet version at the moment....

Dal said:
Looking good :)

I had about a fifth of the amount of velcro on the front of mine! You'll have fun getting that off!

Do you like those spray jets and the way they spray? I'm still undecided with mine preferring the standard 2 jet version at the moment....
Cheers, Dal!

I did go a bit mental with the velcro. It's practically impossible to get the plates off let alone the velcro! :lol:

I am also undecided about these sprayers; the coverage is good but they are a bit incontinent, I'm sure they let a lot more fluid through and they dribble a bit just in front of the sprayer in a V formation right at the top of the bonnet near the scuttle. I may well swap them back, but I do like they way they look.

Apparently one of these is what you need to stop the incontinence:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WINDSCREEN-SCREEN-WASHER-JET-NON-RETURN-VALVE-5-MM-NEW-/271169477138?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f22f5da12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although I got one and have never fitted it. Yours if you want it. (and I can find it)

I sprayed my spray jets orange so might fit them back for Ford Fair.. but might leave the black ones as I've an orange / black thing going on now :lol:

Dal said:
Apparently one of these is what you need to stop the incontinence:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WINDSCREEN-SCREEN-WASHER-JET-NON-RETURN-VALVE-5-MM-NEW-/271169477138?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f22f5da12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although I got one and have never fitted it. Yours if you want it. (and I can find it)
Ooh! Good call. Yes please! :D

Dal said:
I sprayed my spray jets orange so might fit them back for Ford Fair.. but might leave the black ones as I've an orange / black thing going on now :lol:
Decisions, decisions... :lol:

Rob where did you get the velcro from? I remember you saying you ordered it from somewhere as its industrial velcro?

You can get it from B&Q & Halfords among other places.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Velcro-Heavy-Duty-Stick-Black-VEL60241/dp/B00186Q9AK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368889292&sr=8-1&keywords=velcro+heavy+duty+tape" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

velcro-heavyduty.jpg

I bought a roll of it in 2006 and still got some left.. lol

I got mine off eBay. 2.5m for £13ish quid delivered. Even if used, uhh, "generously" like I did, you do not need anywhere near that much!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=380629865340&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=06288885757" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back