A good day out in the sun.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuonokid

070920141524_zps39f73892.jpg

Parked up at Whitby Abbey

Had a good day out in the sun with some fellow Westy and a Lotus owner(s).
Started off at the Fox and Grapes (A64 North Leeds), went through Castle Howard, Kirbymoorside, Sutton le Hole and then through to Whitby for dinner. In the afternoon we came back via Guisborough, Stokesley, Helmsley, Sutton Bank and the AI/M1.
Sunshine all day and 11 Westys and a Lotus, a fantastic day out.
Barry

Hi Paul
Definitely great roads and Sutton Bank, never been on that before but Christ is it steep!!!!!
Barry

Good roads (especially Blakey ridge and the B1257) to drive on. That and good weather makes for a lovely day out by the looks of it!

It was Neil. Sounds like you used to live up here James. The B1257 is known as the .........? TT in biking circles.
Barry

I grew up round there. My 2 wheel experience is limited to pedal powered bikes. That said, 45mph is easy enough down Clay Bank :)

You can tell the B1257 is good by the huge warning signs for bikers at each end.

Hi James
I thought so and I just found out what part of the run was Blakey ridge, which should have been fun but was full of dumb ass sheep wandering all over the place, so much for the cattle grids!
Barry

westy3_zpsd6c4693b.jpg

Blakey Ridge

Ah yes, watch out for the sheep! - terrifying on a bike if you're coming down off the moors. The alternative is the A169. The road that follows the Esk valley / railway line is also pretty good from memory.

Hi James
The A169 is my favourite biking road but not so good in the Westy as too much traffic and also sight lines are poor over the undulations as you are sat so low. Is that Esk valley road the one that goes past the railway station at Goathland as we did that one last year and there was a Capri club meet at the station. North Yorkshire and it's surroundings has to be one of the best drivers/bikers areas in the UK as there's little population, great roads and virtually no speed cameras.
Barry

Back