Cadwell Park 31/10/14

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm committed to Blyton now we will definitely be there

Couple of photos from Cadwell that were sent to me by BHP photography

Hi guys I'm the guy with the standard red puma who binned it,

I have just joined up and stumbled across this lol quite funny reading about the day at cadwell,

The black saxo wasn't hand breaking around the corners altho the rear wheel was locking up (the handbrake was shite on it as well) this happened no matter who was driving so rules out them doing it on purpose,but yeah dan did wrap it but only because he was giving it to much beans and mean out of talent,

The silver saxo did get banned how ever, down to many things really but mostly undertaking & dicking around, they just took his wrist band off him for that one day tho,

And for me coming off and rear ending the puma, well that was just my fault for going to quick on a damp greasy track,

Altho the little red rocket did impress me a lot, so I've gone out and bought a few bits to help for our next track days which is donnington 13th & 14th December, the Saxos will be out in force this time as there are six now, so pop along if you think your brave enough ;)

I overheard someone saying they were handbraking on the corners and the videos look like it because the rears were locking up. Seen another video of the silver one very dangerously undertake a golf coming into Park straight. Only asked if they got banned as quite a few people were talking about them in the paddock and the lounge and Pumajay knows them. There were a few drivers complaining to the organisers about them. We also spoke to a couple of marshalls who were not happy with them.

At least you got back out on track like my lad did in the afternoon and found out what the Puma is capable of. With a few mods they are well sorted and out handle a lot of cars...I see you've been shopping too so your on your way. T1Rs are the tyres to get, they were very grippy in the greasy start at Cadwell. Wasn't dissing your driving, unfortunately I never got out on track at the same time as you so couldn't comment.

That's fine with me, we was causing some serous trouble for other drivers I do have to admit that, it's always the same, I have done three track days now but non have gone like the last haha

But yeah I managed to have a decent session in the afternoon, I didn't go on to much tbh I just didn't like the rear end being as twitchy as it was, hopefully a few mods and she will be sorted,started putting the bits on today so hopefully it won't be long untill it's ready,

I had a set of t1r's on at cadwell but didn't rate them as much as I did at donnington (was colder at cadwell so maybe it could of been that) i think I'm going to try a set of federal sr's this time, it's the next thing I need to buy, fingers crossed donnington goes a lot smoother for everyone's sake lol

when you fit the coilovers make the backend about 20mm lower than the front, that will sort the twitchy back end out.Just remember to always have some throttle on in the corners - Pumas are quite sensitive to weight shift front to rear, even just lifting off can make the back end step out in a corner, just throttle it to pull it back and it will instantly come back into line. They really let you go a long way before letting go and give you plenty of warning.

I've had mine almost going backwards into the corner - dropped a gear and floored it, still made it round the corner. My driving style is to steer from the backend though with some trail braking - something Ray Grimes an instructor at Oulton Park taught me...best £20 I ever spent.

I think that javelin need to up their game as far as track discipline is concerned. Their lack of enforcement of the rules is bordering on dangerous. Just because they offer cheap (and overcrowded) days shouldn't mean turning a blind eye to undertaking and the like. With other more professionally run TDO's that I've attended overtaking without permission is a warning, then home. Unfortunately because of javelins meek attitude taking your car on track with them is a lottery that some disruptive, selfish, idiot isn't going to take your car out. I've done three days now with javelin and have seen more red flags than my previous thirty or so put together. That fact speaks for itself

stephengreen said:
I think that javelin need to up their game as far as track discipline is concerned. Their lack of enforcement of the rules is bordering on dangerous. Just because they offer cheap (and overcrowded) days shouldn't mean turning a blind eye to undertaking and the like. With other more professionally run TDO's that I've attended overtaking without permission is a warning, then home. Unfortunately because of javelins meek attitude taking your car on track with them is a lottery that some disruptive, selfish, idiot isn't going to take your car out. I've done three days now with javelin and have seen more red flags than my previous thirty or so put together. That fact speaks for itself

Totally agree, and have said the same, have done woodbridge and bedford GT with them, and have booked cadwell, cheap, but compared to Goldtrack, or MSV, Javelin seem almost mickey mouse

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=928" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brands hatch Indy with 70 cars booked in :eek: thats either lots of queueing or lots of red flags and playing at follow the leader, I'd rather pay 30 quid more do MSV and have 1/2 the cars there, Castle Combe run lots of their own trackdays and are very fair by very strict.

Goldtrack are fairly laid back, and totally different set up, no sighting laps, but first time on that track, or just a bit of help, they do free 20 min familiarisation, which means throughout day there are not only marshalls, but also with the instructor in peoples cars for first 2-3 hours doing familiarisation, gives them a track view on any bad drivers.

to be fair, I think Javelin are pretty good on discipline - you only have so many marshalls that can see so much and they will rely on other drivers reporting issues which they will act upon.

I have found that at times they can be a little over zealous. We had a couple of speaking tos at Oulton for being a bit quick entering pit lane and dont get me started on noise levels at Blyton...they are sooo keen. Also had an odd spot of powersteering fluid leak on a very wet day...wouldn't let us out until we fixed it

Back