Catalytic converter replacement part (1.6)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apex

Hi,

I am in need of a new catalytic converter. I could buy an genuine cat, but it would cost me a lot.
A local shop offered me a aftermarket (non-original) spare cat for considerably less, but I am not sure it will fit my 1.6.

What I know to be true is that the Ford OEM number of the 1.6's cat is 1S615E211CC, and that it is different from the cats in the 1.4 and 1.7.

The original cat looks like this:
https://imgur.com/T2KTeOq

The local shop suggested the following cat (HJS 96154050): https://www.ebay.at/itm/HJS-bluemis...6-16V-Sport-/253162309797?hash=item3af1a648a5.

According to this page, it should fit: https://cars245.com/en/item/ford-1S615E211CC-pipe-and-catalyst-front/

However, it is clear that the middle fastening plate is different from the original (turned 90 degrees), making me doubt the fitting.

Can anyone please tell me whether this cat will fit my 1.6, or point me in the right direction?

Thank you very much,

Apex

Hi, what year is your Puma? Does it have two or one lambda? You can use a cat from a Fiesta Zetec S. There's usually a reason behind the cat being bad. For example burning oil or running rich on petrol can wreck catalytic converters. You don't want to buy a new one for the same issue.

RoadWarrior said:
[post]369123[/post] Hi, what year is your Puma? Does it have two or one lambda? You can use a cat from a Fiesta Zetec S. There's usually a reason behind the cat being bad. For example burning oil or running rich on petrol can wreck catalytic converters. You don't want to buy a new one for the same issue.

It is from 2001 and has two lambdas.
The cat was eliminated on purpose some while ago in an attempt to fix another problem (of which the cause ended up being something else).

Which exact Fieta Zetec S model has a fitting cat, and are you absolutely certain? I can't afford to buy the wrong one. Please keep in mind that the cat of a 1.6 is different from a 1.4 or 1.7 (so if the Fiesta cat fit one of these, it is still unlikely to fit the Puma 1.6 version).

Although the models are named differently in Holland, I have the same information here: the 1.4 and 1.6 engines placed in Puma's, were already used in the mk4 and mk5 (facelift) Fiesta's. The 1.7 engine was the only one specific for the Puma. Therefore, you should be able to use the Zetec S calaytic converter on your 1.6 Puma. Proof of this can be found on Ford zap (used to be Etis). You can compare product numbers for Fiesta/Puma there. I'll check later today (already late for breakfast) and let you know.

Looked it up on ford7zap.com, both converters have the same OEM number:1130327. If you Google this number, you will get some adds from automotive shops, in which they say it will fit both 1.6 Fiesta and Puma's. Not sure about the lambda issue, but the fastening plate problem could be related to a bracket, which is present in the first photo (used catalytic converter), but not in the second. When the bracket is attached, it explains the 90 degree difference.

Latest posts

Back