Change TAPE ecu and key transponder

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milburn7191

Hi Guys,

Has anyone in the past changed their TAPE ecu for another TAPE ecu and then instead of using the key which came with the ecu just changing the little transponder chip in the key?

$_1.JPG

I thought that the circular black responder thing around the barrel needed to be changed aswell but i have been told otherwise and im not sure whether to believe it!

$(KGrHqR,!qgFHz2KvvNKBR9ZHPiEDQ~~60_1.JPG

Cheers,
Alex

Do a search on this it has been discussed recently and it is possible. The transponder ring isnt coded you dont need the ring from the car the ECU came from. Any ring will do.

As above... as long have you have the ECU and the correctly coded chip you'll be fine.. :eek:k:

el dude said:
buying that FRP one on ebay?

someone must like a gamble.. :lol:

if the price is right it cant hurt to have a go, plus it has similar milage on it to mine so MOT wont even show it up :eek:k:

£110 delivered is well cheap! considering people normally pay £60 for a normal TAPE ecu with transponder its just £50 more. That or pay for an ecu and spend £225 from OC Motorsport to get it mapped which is the cheapest I've ever found online.

^ I was thinking the same..

To be honest.. I think remaps are expensive for what's involved..

Sounds like some got a decent buy there.

Latest posts

Back