Cheap ITB's idea

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnr

Hi,

I was thinking about a budget itb's setup and figured I would share what I am thinking for discussion to see if it is worth trying.

The setup would use bike throttle bodies ofcourse, I've seen people puting them on 2.0l zetecs using a cut down st170 manifold and connecting the itb's with simple silicone hose.

So I was thinking the same thing if we take the original 1.7 inlet manifold cut it down to some lenght and when attach bike itb's with some hose, block off all original holes in the itb's left from bike injectors etc or use them for vacum (for brake booster/map sensor).
The injectors and fuel rail are placed in the head so just leave it as it is.

The only problem I see is the tps, but maybe the bike one will work if wired up? its just a potentiomiter after all...

When huck up a piggy back ecu to run a MAP sensor or build a plenum and run the car with standart management using the MAF.

It looks like that this car has a similar itb setup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MZGb2-2DoA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So I can't see why it should not work but would I see any gains with such a simple setup especially if still using the MAF?

Latest posts

Back