Door weather belt strip.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2

Hi.
I am just continuing a conversation that has started in the Wanted section regarding these. They are a problem, about 2 yeas ago I searched world wide and found some new ones for sale in Germany. I went back a few months later they had gone. I regularly search hoping some may surface but I am not holding my breath. This has got me thinking, there must be an equivalent from another vehicle that could be such a close match that it would be a viable alternative. I have a manky old one which I am going to cut a small section off and carry it with me an check cars as and when. I think it would be relative easy to find one that matches when viewed externally but I think the problem is its profile where it clips onto the door. There must be members who know of cars that have a similar door skin profile. Do all Fords have the same design? I am sure that if enough members are on board to conduct the search an alternative can be found. Any thoughts anyone?

Regards,
Richard.

I would start looking at focus (3 door version, as the door will be longer and possibly similar in length to puma) Mk1 and Mk2. The puma weather strips are just push on design, no any clips of any kind on them, just self locking push on. I would assume that Ford uses that technique all around the range

Has anyone got access to a Fiesta IV 3-door in case this is similar/the same/useable?

grogee said:
Has anyone got access to a Fiesta IV 3-door in case this is similar/the same/useable?

Yes, I have one a few metres away from me as I write this, problem is I don't have a puma to compare the parts with! what information do you need?

Hi.
If you pm me your address I will send you a small section to see if it will fit. I think this is a problem that does need to be sorted, particularly in the future more Pumas my be restored as they now reaching classic status.

If for that matter anyone wants a sample of the Puma weatherstrip just let me know.
Regards,
Richard.

Click on this link

https://7zap.com/en/catalog/cars/Ford/brand/21/0/Puma/Puma%201997-2001%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20(CCE)/Ford/ejlSQVE5L05zUDB2Q09CaWk1MDlBZ3RQOW5sL0dwQzA4djBuOGFqVmYrUU41dFUvYTJwV3FsSUNZU2R4d2l4M044a2QzZmVVSXUyN3k2dWJpRXdTSFdlOTJUK2pIMThsWWdUZkxxL1U2M3pQMURQcFA4THd2Y2l1MzZMK0VHeko=/6bbffde8b5b8077d2d0a5796da6eea3c:a6af9166b02e361ff9cf799faf7c8755/universal/10101-%3E11790-%3E11797/4.72419

- Add the part you require to the trolley - then go to the gtvnaujos.lt site & put in the corresponding part number (the one shown in the trolley)

Also try the part number in one of the "catalog" links on the same GTV page near the bottom as there are 4 suppliers that may have the part.

I had a quick experiment & "believe" I found 2 out of the 4 who could supply at weather strip but it may not have been the one you guys are looking for.

Hope that's at least a little bit useful :eek:k:

If we're talking about the outer drop window seal that always swells and corrodes internally at the rear end, my local dealer quoted me £200 "oh and its no longer available sir"...

Hi.
If you pm me your address I will send you a small section to see if it will fit. I think this is a problem that does need to be sorted, particularly in the future more Pumas my be restored as they now reaching classic status.

If for that matter anyone wants a sample of the Puma weatherstrip just let me know.
Regards,
Richard.
Hi Richard.
Did you ever find a solution for this? Mine are getting pretty rusty and it would be nice to do something before they create a problem. I have wondered about just removing the rusted part and re-sealing the rubber, but I've not figured out whether that would cause problems,

Back