ECU Remap

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niedozywek

Hello everyone! I've got few OBD2 cables for many diffrent purposes and i've thought is it possible to write new map to the through one of them? Or do i need some other wiring? And what about BOOT mode on ECU?

Errol sorted my FRP map quickly, efficiently and cheaply. He's in Birmingham, Wolverhampton way from memory.

I'm no expert but I don't think 'normal' OBD2 hardware can remap the Puma. I've done a few other cars where you get the map, send it away for tweaking then upload the revised map to your ECU but I don't think it's possible on Puma. AFAIK only one or two ECUs (MUFF? TAPE?) are capable of running the FRP map. Slight complications with early v late instrument panels and mechanical v electronic speedo.

Errol took my old ECU off and swapped it for another that he'd previously tweaked with the FRP map. There is also some wire swapping needed with temp guage I think.

Yes, you are very right abouth the complete post. There is just one more addition; he has to modify the ECU to enable full potential i.e. disable the deafult option of running on 91 RON petrol and make it run default on RON 95. That gives you additional 13 or 14 horses :wink:

I'll second Errol's map.
I just raise the max revs by 500.

I've run it for six months with just a 4-2-1 manifold. Now have FRP cams and time to fully rebuild it. (Thanks Lockdown!)

MoT soon.... :grin:

Ooh where did you get FRP cams, they seem to be like rocking horse poop...

hello I'm from Poland and I need to convert my map into more revolutions or FRP, ecu tape

Latest posts

Back