Focus 220mm clutch dimensions

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CherryVimto

Last year I got a Focus 220mm clutch for xmas which is still waiting to be fitted (yeah I know.. just don't say anything!).

I just randomly decided to get it out of the box and measure it.

The backing plate measures 220mm but the actual clutch plate is 210mm.

Is this correct for a Focus 220mm clutch? Information I have found tells me the clutch plate should be 220mm, but the Puma plate is 210mm?

Is someone able to confirm the dimensions?

Firing this off completely off the bat with no research…
I’m sure the upgraded clutch friction plate should be 220mm with the extra meat to the centre which kinda makes me think it’s pointless being so close the the middle of the clutch.
I’m using a 4 paddle competition plate with a stock Sachs road clutch cover - feels good and it’s strong as…

16801080973897553309504386129275.jpgGot the same decision going on here on my project 170 build.Just picked up a Focus 1.8 clutch and its centre disc measures just a shade under 220mm(218).The old puma disc wear marks(old clutch scrapped)measure 208mm(That'll be the 210 jobby).
The Focus disc inner diameter is 156mm but the flywheels inner friction surface diameter is 159mm meaning a 1.5mm overlap all round plus,allegedly an overly light clutch pedal..The perfectionist in me says bugger it I'll be getting stock 1.7 LUK clutch ordered for the sake of an extra 7mm of friction surface and it'll fit properly!

Not the best picture but will hopefully show what I mean.
Area on clutch cover measures 220mm but the clutch friction plate is smaller.

220mm_clutch.jpg

Yep.. the area of friction material on mine looks far smaller that what you have in your pictures.

What year Focus did you buy for? 02/2002?

Last edited:
Back