Headlight glass removal

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

About two years ago I purchased for £110 a pair of almost mint headlight assemblies. I have just fitted them, what a difference, they look so good compared to the old ones. I did regularly polish the old ones to try and maintain there appearance though.

Now I have some spare light components I was wondering if a could fabricate a pair of driving lights to supplement the standard head lights. I would want to make them concealed behind the grill so as not to detract from the clean lines of the front end. Has anyone done anything like this? Has any one got any thoughts or ideas to throw in to the mix?

Richard.

That sounds nice but unfortunately I've no idea how one can do this.

Alex

There's been a few different solutions I've seen people do.

Some people have put circular halos around the projectors and others have done a line of LEDs on the outside edge.

Hi Richard,

You can split them by heating up the glue. Be careful not to heat it too much otherwise the lamp will meld. After that gently wiggle a screwdriver/plastic doorcard remover between them and work your way around the headlamp.

It's not hard. Just time consuming.

Latest posts

Back