MOT did not go as planned !

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumanick

Booked my Puma in for a service with my regular mechanic and then an MOT with my usual MOT Centre, both based on our local industrial estate.

Next day - THIS ! Both my mechanic's workshop and the MOT Centre plus 40 other businesses destroyed in a major fire:

IMG_5366.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: red
Had to hurriedly find another MOT tester and put the Puma in without the service and pre-MOT inspection. Got an MOT pass but two Advisories
as I had not spotted that both front tyres had inner shoulders worn very close to the legal limit.

Had to hurriedly find another MOT tester and put the Puma in without the service and pre-MOT inspection. Got an MOT pass but two Advisories
as I had not spotted that both front tyres had inner shoulders worn very close to the legal limit.
Glad your Puma passes please pass on my best to your mechanic friend hope everything works out for him

Glad your Puma passes please pass on my best to your mechanic friend hope everything works out for him
Unfortunately he lost his own uninsured Jag XJS that he was restoring for himself plus a customer's car that was in for service. All his tools and equipment are lost so he cannot even work as a mobile mechanic at the moment. He has maintained and restored my Pumas, MG's and Triumph classics for nearly 30 years.

IMG_5372.JPG

Hopefully they get back on their feet (assuming they want to after that!)

2 minor advisories on the Puma is good though.

Glad your Puma is safe.
The 2 Pumas I have had have had a naughty habit of losing the tracking on the front wheels which makes the tyres wear on the inside as you describe. While they were my daily driver I had the tracking checked twice a year Now I use her at weekends I just get it done at yearly service. I suggest that you have the tracking checked when you have the tyres changed.

Glad your Puma is safe.
The 2 Pumas I have had have had a naughty habit of losing the tracking on the front wheels which makes the tyres wear on the inside as you describe. While they were my daily driver I had the tracking checked twice a year Now I use her at weekends I just get it done at yearly service. I suggest that you have the tracking checked when you have the tyres changed.

Thanks for the tip. The MOT tester recommended that too.

Yep, can't remember the exact details but mine also wore the front tyres unevenly so when I had mine tracked after replacing the wishbones etc I made them toe in the tracking from standard to compensate. It worked perfectly & my tyres wore evenly after that.

Latest posts

Back