MOT passed

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Woodward

MOT passed this morning with advisories on suspension bushes which will be done in the next couple of months.
This is my daily driver Puma and has only failed one MOT so far in its life.
Will probably reach the 100k miles later today.
Will probably replace with Polybushes, as they should last longer and are easier to fit.

Attachments

• IMG_20240618_141055429.jpg
    IMG_20240618_141055429.jpg
    998.1 KB
That's pretty good going, how long have the current bushes lasted?

Bit stiffer using poly but as you say will last much longer.

That's pretty good going, how long have the current bushes lasted?

Bit stiffer using poly but as you say will last much longer.
As far as I know they've never been replaced, nothing in the history, only MOT failure was rear shock absorber top mounts, but the previous owner who purchased the car when it was new in 2000 and gat up driving when he was 93, owned a local garage which his son and grandson now run, so may have had parts replaced with no record kept.

Reactions: red
Well done John, though with you looking after it, I doubt any of your Pumas would fail.
I have had Powerflex polybushes all round for something like 10 years with no issues and they are still going strong!
Sarah, I honestly don't know that much, I'm never confident that a car will pass, as I could easily have missed something.

As far as I know they've never been replaced, nothing in the history, only MOT failure was rear shock absorber top mounts, but the previous owner who purchased the car when it was new in 2000 and gat up driving when he was 93, owned a local garage which his son and grandson now run, so may have had parts replaced with no record kept.
You will notice a difference in steering feedback John.I drive two Pumas occasionally.Both have standard suspension all round,same make of tyres and pressures (Uniroyals).One has rear polybushed one OE bushes.Definitely sharper turn in with poly bushes and no noticeable change in ride quality.

You will notice a difference in steering feedback John.I drive two Pumas occasionally.Both have standard suspension all round,same make of tyres and pressures (Uniroyals).One has rear polybushed one OE bushes.Definitely sharper turn in with poly bushes and no noticeable change in ride quality.
Thanks Dave, I'm going for Polybushes for the rear axle definitely, the front bushes in not too sure about, especially as I have a used pair of lower arms in stock (thanks to George), which the bushes and ball joints appear to be in very good order.

Latest posts

Back