My Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracyb

I didn’t introduce myself here when I joined this forum recently because I thought I was going to sell my Puma and never revisit the site. I am that one lady owner of the 1.7 Puma and her 40412 miles.

Call it insanity or sentimentality but I just couldn’t do it in the end! I’ve been miserable since she failed her MOT. I was even more miserable when I took the photos for the sale advert.

There were lots of views but no response. I thought someone may have wanted the engine or would use her parts to keep other Pumas alive. Maybe the price was too high for a car that cannot be driven immediately. Anyway, I didn't really want to sell her and the thought would have never entered my head if she hadn't failed the MOT. I’ve known her for too long and I know I would have hated watching someone else drive away with her. So, I’ve taken my “sensible” head off and decided to keep her. She deserves to be saved and I’m going to be the one that saves her!

So, I've got myself a project for my own Puma. Putting the band back together is an expensive affair but I’ve found some money to sort the mechanics so she can pass her MOT. She needs stripping down to do that so the advisories will be addressed at the same time.

Once she’s back on the road I’ll look into getting the bubbling on the back wheel arch sorted and the makeover will be complete.

Very soon after I instructed the garage to proceed with the work I had an offer from a prospective buyer who had seen her in the garage car park … Typical. By then the decision was made though … so I’m looking forward to getting her back and giving her a new lease of life.

:thumbs:

Hooray!

I fall in and out of love with my Pumas on a daily basis. Always grumpy with Reggie until I give it a little beans through town and he puts a wee smile on my face. Lovable rusty wee scamp that he is.

Welcome! You are doing the right thing to save your car especially as it has so few miles. I'm a second timer myself, having regretted ever getting rid of my first one a decade ago

Thanks for the well wishes :). I'll post an update in a couple of weeks when (fingers crossed) she passes her MOT without further issue.
Cheers
Tracy

Hi tracyb, project puma newbie myself.

I'm biased but I think you have done the right thing!

hope the MOT goes smoothly next time.

The work on my Puma is a little behind schedule and I still don’t have an MOT certificate for her but am making good progress now. I’ve started a new project thread “Tracy’s Puma Project” with details.

Latest posts

Back