New Puma owner

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lud1konj

Hi Puma enthusiasts !

I'm 24 years old, from Croatia and got my '97 1.7 Puma about a month ago (before that I was a Mazda owner). I decided on the Puma because it's a driver's car...and boy...it sure is. First time I sat in a Puma I was skeptical. The interior seemed claustrophobic, with those huge pillars up front and at the back, and that tiny rear window I felt like I was in a tank. But...After taking it for a spin I realized it was much more fun to drive then my clunky old Mazda. The gear stick is precise with short shifts, the seat comfortable with plenty of side support and that 1.7L 125 horse power engine is smooth and makes the Puma go like a rocket. Excellent driving car

f_14q4_64c_u8yoq.jpg

f_14q4_ac8_u8yoq.jpg

f_14q4_f85_u8yoq.jpg

f_lfei_727_u8yoq.jpg

f_lfei_952_u8yoq.jpg

I bought it with a lot of stuff that needs sorting out. For example, the driver's door lock didn't want to unlock (problem fixed, a spring came off in the locking mechanism), rear lights fogging up horribly (I'm guessing a rear collision, partially sorted with silicone), the clock doesn't work properly (some pixels missing - doesn't bother me that much), interior plastics on doors came off, glove box hinges broke, driver's seat won't topple over so rear passengers can only enter from the...huh passenger side :lol: , it has a big parking dent on the passenger side as well...but other than that the car is good :grin:

What made me register here was my latest problem. After this horrible weather came my washers stopped working. I did buy some low budget washer liquid that promised to stay liquid to -25°C but I mixed it with the existing liquid so I guess it froze up. What really bothers me is the fact that the pump isn't making any noise while I attempt to wash my windscreen :-( ...I'm starting to think that it's a blown fuse or worse...the pump is dead. Today for the first time in 5 days we had temperatures above 0°C so I tried again but nothing. Wipers work, pump ain't making any noise :-(

I don't have a manual so can someone tell me (or better yet, show me a picture) which fuse is the washer pump fuse?

Welcome my friend,

Somebody has put your steering wheel on the wrong side of your car :grin:

Temperature still around freezing, don't expect your pump to unfreeze any time soon, seems to be outside the engine bay so gets no heat from the engine whatsoever, clever Ford!!

You need Ricaro seats to get proper side support and oh so comfortable.

BTW drivers seat has probably just come unclipped from the release mechanism under the seat.

Enjoy

Thx :)

My steering wheel may be on the wrong side, but I drive on the right side :lol:

The washer pump decided to work today (temperatures from 3°C to 7°C). I don't know why the pump doesn't make any noise while the system is frozen, I'm guessing Ford did that on purpose...but for which purpose I don't know :? ...maybe so the fuse doesn't blow (but that makes no sense if we consider what fuses are for...).

Anyhow, I aligned the jets (pretty hard to make them shoot where one wants ! :x I used a metal pin, is there an easier way?) and "fixed" the broken hinge on my glove box. I used a soldering iron to make a makeshift plastic hook and then melted that in with the broken hinge (I was bored) :lol: . Doesn't look nice but it's holding the glove box door in place :p

Hi,good choice of car!The washers will do that,and the back lights probably misted up the first time it got rained on!Little Puma niggles but worth it :grin: :grin:

Latest posts

Back