Re-joining the blue oval gang

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red

Administrator
Staff member
:grin: Following the recent issues with the Megane, Sarah and I have knee jerked and bought a new car.

We started looking yesterday and put the deposit down that evening which is unprecidented for me and car searching. This was of course led by Sarah not wanting to drive the Megane again or spending time trekking around the country car shopping.

She phoned our local TC Harrison and ended up with this!
(This car had only come in that day and hadn't yet been advertised!!)

:cool:

DSC_0291_zpsfg44d7uc.jpg

DSC_0289_zpsfepkldbr.jpg

It's a 12/2010 built registered 01/2011 Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi (110PS) (Duratorq - DV6) as you can see it's in Panther black and excellent condition.

17" alloy wheels are nearly unmarked, it has in-built sat-nav (Western Europe) with the Bluetooth hands free and keyless start.

It's had 4 services at the dealer it's being sold at which I can only take as a good sign that they are confident in it.

Roll on next Wednesday!!

Very nice family car! You'll get years out of that.

And you copying Aiden in car model (ish) for a change..:lol:

Very nice but I've always been a bit wary of the 1.6 diesel, I've changed a fair few turbos on them over years

Indeed, I read a few horror stories about the engine but then I'm sure there's thousands running just fine. Can be problems with any engine really, I always remember mum getting her brand new 2.2D X-Type and a month later it needed the turbo replacing!

The best thing to do is get in the habit of changing the oil more often than it says in the book as the main issue is the oil feed pipe to the turbo blocking up

I wanted one of those in red around 5 years ago but ended up with a petrol astra design. The biggest thing for me was being told the DPF filter on these 1.6 diesels can cost over £800 to replace. Its worth asking the question at the dealers. That said I've just bought a freelander 2 .... with a DPF filter !!!!!

Yes again it can happen to any car.

I had a 59 plate 2.0 TDCi Kuga for a while and the DPF started failing on that and was quoted over £1100 to replace it.

I don't think it's special for a 1.6 Diesel

Back