Siver 1.7 Puma with failing engine (for project)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalpuma

The Ford Puma formerly known an Nancy is for sale!

I do not want to scrap it as it's in too good condition (apart from engine). However, I do not have enough time, money or will to fix myself given that I planned to replace the car in 6 months' time anyway. I am not looking for a lot, just to match the scrap value I've been offered if you promise to put a new engine in it rather than break - perfect project opportunity!

The facts:
1.7 Puma in silver
178,000 miles
£150 (or make an offer) and you will need to collect from Oxfordshire - currently drives so you could try to drive home and call breakdown if engine goes altogether - cheaper than towing!
MOT and tax almost run out - will be sorned end of Nov

Propeller alloys in very good condition for age but not perfect
4 almost brand new tyres - Michelin Pilot Exaltos (PE3)
2 winter tyres also included (Dunlops) with enough tread left for at least one more winter (can measure if you wish)
New brake discs and lines recently fitted by Richard at Tremona
New shocks and top mounts recently fitted by Richard at Tremona
Full service history plus all garage receipts, covering every single item I have fitted or have had fitted since I had the car (at 69k miles in 2006)
Had new battery recently as well (Varta)

Mods
Polyurethane bushes
Spax lowering springs 30mm (but on standard shocks)
Stainless steel Powerflow exhaust with very tasteful burble

Niggles
There is a suspension issue (slight knock on nearside rear corner) but likely to be a simple part replacement.
Drivers' side window switches have almost worn out - genuine replacement part included
Aerial chewed -genuine replacement part included
Headlights bit smoky and offisde leaks due to rubber coming apart - genuine replacement part included (offside only)
The bodywork is not perfect (but is extremely good for age), due to stone chips (but don't show as silver) and a series of light scratches on rear bumper (won't polish out but as not obvious have not had re-spray - might machine polish out?).

RUST - very little rust for age. Rear arches replaced for 206 arches in 2011 and have been showing a very small amount of surface rust since later that year but this has not progressed since then. Slightly rusty underneath - could do with being waxoyled in the long term but last detailed inspection (Feb 2014) revealed no concerns.

This car has been mollycoddled by myself and Richard at Tremona for 8 years and apart from the obvious engine issue is in extremely good condition. Hence I really really do not want it to go for scrap.

See my signature for project thread. Any questions please do ask - if you PM me I will receive an email alerting me and will get back to you asap.

Come on, someone offer to put a V8 in it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back