STEREOPHENIA

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloopjohnrb

My nephew wants a new CD/MP3/Radio for his puma.
I've found a kit, including Ford removal tool, that will do the lot.....

" Ford Puma Replacement JVC Car CD Tuner/Radio/Stereo NEW
Great CD/MP3 Player Radio+Full Fitting Kit+Ipod Connect "

However....he wants an extra 2 speakers to go in the back of the car-I don't know what kit would be needed to do this.

Do I need to get a four-output channel radio?
Do I need to get a 2 output channel radio with auxiliary output?
Is there a kit that will splice 2 speaker wires into 4?

I'm OK with the replacement itself, but the extra 2 speakers in te back (which, I'm told, is very, "Kewl") has me puzzled.

ANY help MOST gratefully received.

That JVC radio has a 4 channel output to speakers, matching the 4 speakers that are already in your nephews puma. (Hence the 4 x 50 Watt maximum output power quoted) You'll be hard pressed to find a 2 channel radio these days.

Is it this one?

Ebay link click me

Does he want another 2 speakers to go in the back making 6 in total or does he not realise there are a pair of speakers in the back (in the back to the side of the seats) already? If he wants another pair, you could always parallel them up if their resistance is not that low (or else it'll overload the amplifier in the radio.)

Hello,
Hi and thanks for your reply.
I don't think he realises that there's 4 in the car already-he's always spoken about just having the front 2!

Apparently, he's got 2 speakers that are to go into the parcel shelf, and the spaces have to be cut out with a fretsaw.

I don't think he will want the six, I will be speaking to him later.

That is the Ebay kit, by the way.

Many thanks for your reply,
Best wishes

If that's the case then, it may be easier to extend the wires from the current rear speakers to his new ones in the parcel shelf. Rather than route new speaker cables from the radio, behind the dash, and under the carpet and seats to the back.

Good luck and keep us posted!

:eek:k:

PS: The rear parcel shelf isn't that strong to start with, so puting 2 heavy magnets in it may cause it to become even more wobbly / unstable. I'd suggest trying to strengthen it somehow as well as doing the location modifications to keep it in the correct position as outlined in the following post:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi,
many thanks indeed for all your help, very useful information that is sure to save hours of uneccessary work and fumbling around.

Fabulous!
John

Back