What is the CD button on the casette player?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sylvester

Hi guys

The question says it all.
I've still got the original casette player. The volume jumps suddenly up and down and I'd like to listen to may cd's as well. So the cd option would be good. Is that button just decoration?

Thanks

oilburner said:
It for when a CD changer is fitted, dead easy to retro fit one

Hi oilburner!

1-Do i have to buy an adapter or something like that? Nothing on eBay, only built in versions.

2-There is no more space around the radio at all, so the cd charger would just hang on a cable?

Thanks

The Arch Bishop said:
The CD changer generally lived under the seats as mine did. Best replaced with a connects2 kit for plugging in MP3 players.

I had a look at the connects2 kit. I think, I'll just buy a 2nd hand radio+cd charger, almost the same price and no extra cables. Thanks.

Ford 6006 CD changers are best avoided as all they are good for most of the time is eating your favourite CDs

oilburner said:
Ford 6006 CD changers are best avoided as all they are good for most of the time is eating your favourite CDs

I was looking around and due the original radio is much bigger, I'd need an adapter kit with the new cd player. So I decide to skip that extra work and just ordered a cassette player converter to 3.5 jack input.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Car-Stereo-Cassette-Adaptor-for-all-iPod-MP3-CD-MD-Walkman-Players-Black-/252057850175?hash=item3aafd1913f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll be able to connect my smartphone to car speakers via cassette player :) No extra work and the original radio is untouched too!

Back