Drivers door window broken!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatsPuma

Whether malicious or otherwise we don't know, but I went to leave for work this morning to discover that my window was broken. Nothing inside had been moved and ignition was untouched so perhaps it was a stray stone....

Anyway on to the point. My usual garage + autoglass + insurance etc are all being slow to respond to my enquiries as to whether this is something they can even do for me, and I can have a used window here by Tuesday or so...

Is this something I should consider tackling myself? If so can someone link me to a guide? I've tried searching the forum but didn't find anything too specific. I'm pretty handy at practical stuff as long as I have something to go by for instruction.

While I'm there, the drivers door lock has completely seized so I guess I could sort that at the same time, which wouldn't happen if someone did the window for me. Once I'm in there, presumably that wouldn't be too much more work to switch out that lock barrel?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me! Cheers :)

Thanks for the link, I can't see it yet as I wasn't on the Puma FB group, my request to join is now pending though so maybe I can see it later :)

Thanks Yog I've got in now! I don't suppose you happen to know, which (if any?) easily obtainable door locks (Ka?) might be compatible with the Puma?
Thank you! :grin:

The usual remedy for door locks appears to be to use WD-40 or similar over a few days, keep wiggling the key back and forth.
I've not changed a door lock, but removed one from a damaged door I'd replaced on my Thunder, for me it wasn't easy at all took hours, so decided not to fit original lock to my replacement door.

I've been trying PlusGas intermittently for ages, which worked on the other locks but not this one. There's absolutely zero give to it! I'll just see how it looks once I've got the door apart to do the window - it may be that applying things from different angles helps. Thanks :)

Probably worth persevering with the Plus Gas, there is a protection plate restricting access to be able to remove the lock.

Latest posts

Back