Problem with locking/opening

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyW

Hi everyone!

Right, got a problem with my car at the moment - it doesn't appear to want to lock.

For the past year or so, the drivers door lock barrel has been very loose and when you put the key in it is very difficult to turn.

But no problem - I've been using the remote. But now the remote has stopped working and the drivers door lock is completely fooked. So I now have to lock and unlock the car from the passenger side. Not ideal and it doesn't exactly look good.

Can anyone advise me of the best way to get all this sorted? As I've heard that changing the door lock barrels is a pig of a job.

Please help!

Andy

Do the batterys need replacing in the remote?? If so replace them and recalebrate it

My remote stops working every now and then and i find cleaning it sorts it.

Ive got the same problem with my barrels, very loose and i can lock from both sides but only unlock the passenger side.

Right, well I managed to re-program the remote last night and everything seems to be ok now.

Still annoyed with the drivers door lock barrel but I guess it's something I'll have to live with and the most important thing is that I can lock and open the car with the remote again now.

I was so chuffed when it started working again - the neighbours must have thought I'd gone mad!

Sarah's drivers door has been playing up ever since we got it. The remote never worked and soon after buying the car it broke from trying to turn it in the drivers lock. The passenger door is smoothed off and the boot never worked with the key either. We were Christmas shopping today and when we came back we couldn't get the car open at all. Eventually we had to cut to the spare key to pieces as the plastic fob was just turning itself but the actual locking metal bit wasn't moving. We got the car to her parents house and it will stay there until we can get a complete new set of locks and have the keys programmed. It's a nightmare.

That does sound a nightmare Paul :(

A New set of locks isn't an easy job from what I've heard and re-programming the PATS immobiliser for a new key will be a job in itself.

:(

some places make you up a lock! they take the parts that yor key fits into and put them into a new barrel if thats any help bodyshops do it when rplacing damaged barrels on damaged doors, and the puma ones are the same as the fiesta they have a metal clip behind them that tend to come loose just needs rebending slightly and pushing down so its solid, and a trustey bit of wd40 like everyone says

Back