Disabling alarm

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TGPlayer1

Following on from my key question, I need to know if there's a way to disarm the alarm without using the fob.

My problem is that my key fob has gone kaput so I'm going to get a new one. However I now can't disarm the alarm. I have opened the car using the key blade, but have had to disconnect the battery, and therefore I have no car.

So it'll be a few days before I can get a key, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to program it if the car thinks it's still locked, or if the alarm is goin off.

So basically can I disarm it without the fob, because turning the engine on doesn't work.

Cheers.

Unlocking a door SHOULD disarm the alarm, unless there is a problem with a switch inside the door.....

Do you mean unlocking from the inside or with the blade? I had to do it with the blade before and the alarm goes off when I physically open the door.

Try unlocking it with the key blade in both doors.... but if the locks haven't been used much you may find they've seized up slightly.. so put some WD40 in the locks and give it a few turns in the unlock position.
If that still doesn't work you'll probably have faulty lock switches.
If it keeps sounding I'd unplug the sounder to avoid annoying everyone (But the lights will still keep flashing until you turn it off).

Where bouts are you? With any luck there may be someone local to you on here who could help you out. :eek:k:

Yeah the drivers lock is pretty knackered, it's fine to lock but unlocking just spins it in the door.. I'm going to do a bit more investigating tomorrow. I'll try unlocking both doors, see about that. If not I'll check the lock switches and what not. But for now I've left the car at work and come home in the workhorse.

Pull the plug in the drivers footwell to silence it,but you need to flick the switch in the door to reset it if it wont work on the key.Then the remote will reprogram.Miines done this twice so far in four years.

Where is this switch then? I've got the door down to bare metal and I'm elbow deep in it, pushing levers, tuning the key, dancing around a totem pole. But still it's going off. Help me :cry:

I DID IT!

Completely by accident. Yes! Started the engine with the doors locked from the inside, and when I turned the ignition off the alarm stopped. I don't bloody believe it.

Right, now I just need a new key fob.

Back