Fob Lock

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new_puma

Hello, I just got home and my car wont lock with the fob, it will open the doors but not lock, my mate was driving so i don't know what hes done.

I tried programming the fob, The light comes on...on the fog switch but when I press the lock button to program it, it wont connect.

Hi - it's possible the circuit board in the fob is broken so the lock button doesn't connect. One of the pins holding mine in place had snapped off and locking was intermittent .... until I used a drop of superglue to hold the board in place.

I've checked the circuit board and all looks ok. it worked perfectly fine before he had it, there's no obvious damage to the key housing.

The unlock button works (THANK GOD, BECAUSE THE KEY DOESN'T OPEN THE DOORS, probably seized) and the boot button works.

I've tried to program using the 0 to position ll and position l to ll 4 times, the fog light switch comes on with the beep, but when I press the remote (lock button) to program, nothing happens...please advise.

Do I take the key out when the light is on and THEN press the button, or do I press and hold the button whilst i'm turning the key in the ignition... :-(

I had this saved on my laptop -

For the 3 button remote the programming procedure should be the following:
1. Put the key in the ignition and turn it to position II and back to 0 four times very quickly.
2. When you remove the key the LED on the clock should light up constantly.
3. Within 20 seconds press any key on the remote that you want to programme.
4. The LED should flash now to indicate that the programming was successful.
5. To end the programming mode wait 20 seconds or switch the ignition on.

I doubt it will need reprogramming if the other two buttons are doing what they're supposed to be.

OK guys, thanks for your help.

Today all my buttons stopped working, so I tried programming the fob again and it worked for all buttons. The only thing I did different is I had the drivers door OPEN when programming, I'm not sure if this makes a difference but...it only worked whilst the door was open...Just for future reference if anyone comes across this. :thumbs:

Back