Ford Fair - Sunday 2nd August 2015

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a thought, if we are putting our car on the stand, will we have to arrive at a set time or can we arrive later?

Just thinking because me and Dan will be in the puma on the stand, but James and his girlfriend's ticket will be how we get our stand pass. We also plan on joining a convoy up to ford fair so was just wondering if there would be anyway you could email our ticket to us if there isn't a specific time you need us to be there by?

If there is a set time then we can have the ticket at your specified meeting point and we won't bother with the convoy.

The meet point will be the same as previous years - Towcester Tesco:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=164&t=25514" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <<last years meet point info - this year will be the same but 2nd August 2015 obviously :lol:

We aim to meet there about 6.30am and leave to get to Silverstone at 7am and so avoid all the stupid queues that will appear not long after that.

If you do want to come and get the tickets / passes you need at 6.30am then meet us on stand at Silverstone an hour later or so after joining another convoy, then that's fine as we can leave a space on stand for your arrival.

I would recommend getting into Silverstone as early as you can though as the traffic does get rather busy the later you leave it.

Thanks Stu.

It's 50/50 at the moment, but a decision will be made in the coming weeks as to whether it remains on the road or is just for track. Either way it'll have a different engine in by then, one which consumes a lot less oil haha. I want to keep it on the road but insurance being what it is may not allow. Anyway this is not the place to discuss it, nor the time.

We're all looking forward to it massively!

Dal or Cherie, is there anyway you would be able to email me my tickets over? I'm just thinking about the other convoy with other people from down here, but more importantly I'm not sure we're going to be able to get to you in time without leaving at like 4.30 am.. I'm sure we will make it and obviously, we don't want to be stuck in queues but better to be safe than sorry.

Payment sent :eek:k:

Payment for two tickets received.

The tickets can't be emailed, as they're actual physical tickets to avoid copies and fakes. And I don't want to say I'll put tickets in the post as sometimes they've not arrived until a few days before, and I simply won't have the opportunity to post them so that they arrive with you in time.

I'm sorry, but it looks like you'll have an early start I'm afraid. I have no doubt that you won't be the only ones, and depending on where you're travelling from, there's usually a couple of people convoying to our meet point.

That's okay thanks for clarifying that for me though! I'm sure we will be able to sort something out :grin: I just can't wait for it!

Only 8 signed up so far, and 4 days to go... I don't want to have to extend the deadline, as the later I leave it, the further out our stand will be. :?

The thing is about going to these events, there's always a chance to grab a power nap to recover from an early start.
I think it's well worth getting there early to beat the queues in. Cherie and Dal's organisation is spot on.
Paul

Puma Babe said:
TGPlayer1 said:
If it makes you feel better I have to leave before 4am to get there on time. So stop whining ;p

That's why I'm going down the night before so I can lay in till 6am :)

Me too. Thank you Mr Travelodge!!!

Back