Key issue

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H14 RUD

Ok here goes I have an S reg 1.4 Puma with 2 button key fob plus a key with a red bit on the top and a small T shaped key.
My problem is the remote does not work all the time (I have changed the battery) and if I put the big keys in the lock it only locks the car it will not unlock it. (real bummer when in town in restricted parking area!
What should I do
1 (should I get another remote one cut if so where)
2( how can I get the keys to unlock car manually)

I will try and get the ball rolling on this for you....!

Am I correct in assuming the keys you have got will turn on ignition/start the engine as well as locking the door(s).

I thought I would ask that, as it is quite common that Ford keys can lock other cars, but obviously not unlock them.

Are the locks loose in the door(s)?
Will the key(s) only lock both doors, or only lock one?... Trying to determine if it is a problem with just one door....

My Puma is a '98 (R) also with an IR remote, so trying to think about mine to help you!

Do the keys actually turn any when you try and unlock them?
Have you tried squirting a bit of lubricant in the locks?
Mine had started to seize up due to the central locking always being used and not the actual locks. I could unlock mine but not lock them. A good squirt loosened it up a treat.

Just been out and have got passenger door working but no joy with drivers door.
Will try again tomorrow thanks for advice.

All working took about half an hour on one side and an hour on the other if you get this keep going at it is my advice.
Many thanks topmansparkie

Back