My Puma 1.7, more than a year on (A works in progress)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looked at it, particularly apt it's a Ford Anglia, I'd forgotten that. Well done for finding it! :lol: :thumbs:

120320151924_zpsy7dfhn1n.jpg

Yippee!!!! It passed it's test today. Tester said the rear front wishbone bush on the drivers side was wearing and just inside the emissions test but got through so I gave it a quick wash and brush up this afternoon.

120320151918_zpsrp4pcapw.jpg

120320151916_zpspafgz94x.jpg

I was just thinking of some Puma badges in the middle of the centres but at that scale the lettering may be too thin. At least if I do it in vinyl it can be taken off if it looks poo. Glad to hear the centres look alright plain :)
Barry

Looking good Barry. So you've actually had a drive now! Hope you like after all the work you've put in!

Hi James.
It was just steady away as we have all the bloody speed cameras here but I can tell you the exhaust is super loud even though I never went over 3 thou. It might be a bit too much on the motorway. The ride didn't appear to be too bad as I was expecting it to be rock hard. I'll tax it at the start of April now so I'll get a better idea of how it's going to be.
Barry

Good stuff Barry, I've just taxed mine again and given it a bit of a clean. Did feel a bit slow after the Golf though, seem to be missing 180bhp or so!!!

Hi James
I can imagine :grin: Like I said the other day that golf of yours is the same BHP as the original Porsche Turbo but in a family hatch but if you want to feel slow try my 1.25 Fezzer or have a go in Andrews Anglia when it's done. 39bhp of Angry power!!!
Good to hear yours is out and about again and are you ready to take it to a show such as Thoresby so we can meet up with Paul?
Barry

I haven't got all the dates yet but over the next couple of weeks I should get them. I just mentioned Thoresby as I've met Paul there before and it's about midway for us all as well. Paul has also said that he wants to come up to Sherburn and there's at least one Ford show there every year and that should be not too far away.
Barry

Cheers Sinisa, the car's lowered on those £69 cheapo Ebay springs with standard shocks, 40mm they're supposed to be which seems about right.
Barry

XAF said:
When is it mate? Sounds like a plan!

First one at Thorseby is Monday May 4th. 42nd Notts Classic Car and Bike Show.
The East Midlands Mini clubs feature a lot at this one, but there's other categories.
I'll be going with the FRP hopefully.
Paul

Hi Paul
Andrew and I should be joining you maybe with a few other Lotus/Westys/Caterhams. Are you coming to Stoneleigh the day before? It's the national kitcar show, the biggest in Europe. It's always a cracking show and you might see an alternative to the GBS.
Barry

Back