My puma cossie - few bits and bobs. (Very picture heavy!)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah its a cool job just dont get as much time now!!

the irony of working! when i was an unemployed dole dossing scum bag I had all the time in the world for mad projects but no cash. Now im employed ive no time but more cash!!

You cant win :evil:

warrenpenalver said:
.....ive had in my basement 2 years! Only just been able to afford 4 new tyres now im working.
That's about as long as I had my wheels before I could put tyres on them. I so really know what that's like.

Just a bit of maintenance and repairs at the moment really. Last winter, some mongtard went into the back of me in tescos and drove off. Only damage was to bumper, however it turns out the cunt had deformed my bumper support such that the edge of the bumper rubbed on the fuel tank and has over a year and a bit worn a hole through!

20130211_213417.jpg

Cue that funny smell of petrol and having to take the tank off to get it repaired!!!

The next thing has been trying to solve the good old cossie oil leaks :cry:

My car has a new nickname, the "torrey Canyon" due to the oil slick it leaves everywhere in the rain. I call it the "rust prevention system" rather than an oil leak....

It has been made worse by my cam cover breather hose collapsing and having a kink in it which probably hasnt helped the leaks!! That bit solved it was turning to the leaks.

First of all there were the usual leaks on the front of the engine. Both camseals and the front crank seal have been replaced. 2 out of the 3 were clearly leaking. That solved a lot of the leaks at the front of the engine.

However its still pissing out the camcover as the cam cover seal has come out in places. eg:

20130224_131552.jpg

20130224_162433.jpg

20130224_131618.jpg

20130224_131604.jpg

Annoying as the camcover was done last year with a fancy Klinger gasket which are supposed to be good. Got some new seals and bits and bobs on the way.

Hopefully should stop the main oil leaks, especially as my breather system is now breathing!!

also replaced a heater hose that had been killed by the oil leak with silicone. At the same time i have removed the plastic bulkhead. All it was doing was acting as an oil trap and was hiding a multitude of wiring sins.

20130224_162841.jpg

20130224_162850.jpg

Wiring sins indeed!!! There is so much excess and unused bodged wiring there that it was pushing the plastic bulkhead forward against the back of the block!!!

Ive tied it back as much as i can with cable ties for now but I'm thinking im better off finding a new loom for this car. The more i look at the wiring, the more fucked it is, and thats putting it midly!! So i think i shall aquire a spare puma loom, strip the excess and start from fresh.

Also cleaned my wheels! White wheels are hard to keep clean!!
20130224_162808.jpg

There does seem plenty of space around my AP's with these wheels so plenty of space for future upgrades.
20130224_162823.jpg

100% improvement in terms of the wheels! looks so much better on the speedlines

think the biggest problem with this car is it was built in a rush to be the first cossie powered puma. cant imagine the guys a pumabuild ever thought it would last this long, just needs plenty of TLC to get it to the way it should be.

Small update, stripped down the inlet manifold to replace leaking gaskets.

Also decided to give it a clean up and get years of dirt off it. Literally used half a can of penetrating oil to loosen the dirt and dissolved it with literally 3 cans of brake cleaner!!

Also removed all the flaking paint off the fuel rail and it looks much better in bare metal:

20130616_195847.jpg

Reassembled everything and hid the wiring away so it looks much neater:
20130616_210730.jpg

Just the rest of the engine bay to clean now LOL.

Got a lot of bits to fit/make and not enough time!!

Fitted my carbon mud flaps up front:
20130630_201235.jpg

Got rears to make sometime.

My carbon bonnet is finished just need to fit it! Also bought these vents for it:
20130628_221927.jpg

Surprisingly heavy so i will be remoulding them much lighter before fitting the vents in a few weeks.

Started making my carbon seats. want at least 1 fitted before ford fair.
20130725_180428.jpg

20130725_180434.jpg

20130725_180439.jpg

They take a shit load of time to lay up plus i need to modify fiesta mk3.5 seat mounts to fit them.

Got some new shiny bits too. fasterners for my new splitter (to be made lol) and the bonnet:
20130628_221510.jpg

Also got a new wheel. The new seats should be lower and further back so gone for a deep dished OMP wheel:
20130628_221320.jpg

Also a quick release coupling:
20130628_221349.jpg

Still a lot to do before ford fair. Luckily ive got next week off work to do some of it!!

Really awesome carbon work warren, love it on the new wheels too, have two spare sets if you need some

When are you gonna man up and get some proper power out that yb? ;)

Latest posts

Back