PumaNoob Fund

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PumaNoob said:
He also didn't have about 10-15 people arrive with tools, a tow truck, & kind comforting words.

Without knowing if he is in the FocusSTOC or another club, this is why I'm still here, as well as there, this is a much better community!

Someone commented on Yan's photo on Facebook...

That FRP is no more but there's a club raising money to help him replace it :) that's a true club!

Woo ProjP! :thumbs:

Pumanoob is one of the few guys on here who will answer a simple question with a proper reply and not some sarky comment or "use the search function". I have never met the guy but I can tell from his posts that he is a genuinely nice guy and there's not a lot of them in in this world. Can't do much with getting married next week but every little helps :)

lusid666 said:
Pumanoob is one of the few guys on here who will answer a simple question with a proper reply and not some sarky comment or "use the search function". I have never met the guy but I can tell from his posts that he is a genuinely nice guy and there's not a lot of them in in this world. Can't do much with getting married next week but every little helps :)

Unless your wife to be shares the same passion about this car(s), now it is probably THE LAST opportunity to give what you've intended.. :-D :-D :-D

The wife to be told me to donate before I got a chance to ask her. She agrees with me that there are too few nice people in the world :)

I know its too late and the damage is done but did the drivers not get a briefing like most well run trackdays where you only pass with consent from slower car and then only on the left.Also no smart arse passing on corners.There was an accident at Bedford recently where an Elise was written off because of some dickhead doing silly things on a bend.

Sparx said:
Someone commented on Yan's photo on Facebook...

That FRP is no more but there's a club raising money to help him replace it :) that's a true club!

Woo ProjP! :thumbs:

This club is truly amazing, makes you proud to be a part of it. Will of course be donating when spare cash comes my way!

Glad to see Errols already planning his next monster too! :thumbs:

gingerdave said:
I know its too late and the damage is done but did the drivers not get a briefing like most well run trackdays where you only pass with consent from slower car and then only on the left.Also no smart arse passing on corners.There was an accident at Bedford recently where an Elise was written off because of some dickhead doing silly things on a bend.

It wasn't Errol being a "dickhead" it was a sudden lack of grip causing an unavoidable accident. The cars were grouped together, making it very difficult to manoeuvre in time.

alexwilliams840 said:
gingerdave said:

It wasn't Errol being a "dickhead" it was a sudden lack of grip causing an unavoidable accident. The cars were grouped together, making it very difficult to manoeuvre in time.

You may have misinterpreted. Im sure GingerDave is referring to the ST overtaking.
But ofcourse everyone has the brief, Ive seen a video from a car behind, it does not show the impact moment, but its on the first lap, cars are in close proximity and after the long start/finish straight, the cars are packing some speed with them.
This was an accident. The ST driver would not willingly try and take out 0045, it just happened due to speed and lack of grip. There is no blame to be laid. Just a fact and risk you take on track.

Flying Scotsman said:
alexwilliams840 said:
gingerdave said:

You may have misinterpreted. Im sure GingerDave is referring to the ST overtaking.
But ofcourse everyone has the brief, Ive seen a video from a car behind, it does not show the impact moment, but its on the first lap, cars are in close proximity and after the long start/finish straight, the cars are packing some speed with them.
This was an accident. The ST driver would not willingly try and take out 0045, it just happened due to speed and lack of grip. There is no blame to be laid. Just a fact and risk you take on track.

I think you may be right, apologies to gingerdave - i thought you were blaming Errol

If this is still going by the 23rd I will happily donate a few bob. I happen to read Errols project the day before the smash so I was gutted to find it had been written off. Hopefully we can get you tearing up the drag-strip soon! :thumbs:

alexwilliams840 said:
gingerdave said:

Before you make a stupid comment like that read the text carefully or dont comment FFS

alexwilliams840 said:
Flying Scotsman said:
alexwilliams840 said:
gingerdave said:

I think you may be right, apologies to gingerdave - i thought you were blaming Errol
:wink: :wink:

I think Dave was referring to the focus not me Alex (or at least I hope so!). But what happened from my point of view and clouded memory, was the focus was on my bumper from the first bend. So coming out of the first bend when the pace car went in, I flawed it and overtook a mondeo and gained about 3 car lengths on the focus. I hit the bend on the limit of my car, got a slight tail wobble but nothing uncontrollable. I continued through the bend at the maximum I felt I could push my car without it sliding, but the mistake I made was I accelerated far too early in the bend. Causing the back end to try and overtake the front. At this point I don't know where the focus is. From what others have said, I lost a lot of speed going through that corner, so the focus made ground on me. I was power sliding for quite some time, so I'm unsure I why the focus driver hadn't slowed down a long whistle sooner, unless he thought I was still in full control (as did I) He was committed to a driveline and was pushing his car, but my immediate thoughts were as Dave says, in committing to the drive line that he did, I do believe he was planning on passing me without consent and on the inside. In the briefing we were told that it has to be on the left only and we were told it has to be consensual, but we were also told that the end we crashed on was the only bend you can get away with overtaking. I could be totally wrong, but if I ha 3 car lengths on the focus going into the bend, and I'm clearly on the left hand side of the track, then as I slow, he should also be slowing if possible. He didn't and saw my slowing as an opportunity to pass illegally. There were other cars with the ST, a fiesta ST can be seen just passing on the left of us after the collision, he was with the focus, but did the correct procedure and slowed on the bend behind me and was waiting for me to either move out the way or signal him past. That's why he didn't end up in the collision too. But at the end of the day, I'm the one who lost control or partial control of my car. If rules ha been followed then it might not have happened, but its a race track, I knew what the risks were before going onto the track and unfortunately paid the price. Everyone has a spin if they are pushing their cars, even professional drivers, it's just unfortunate that in my case I weren't so lucky to drive away from it like most at track days.

What's done is done and finger pointing and blaming isn't going to change that, I just need to take the positives from it and move on. This thread has helpe me immensely, not only in the donations, but I feel that you all are going through it with me, and its easier to deal with when you aren't going through it on your own.

I admit I got the wrong end of the stick.

Glad you're taking the positives away Errol, can't wait to see your next creation. You have the support of everyone on this forum

How bad is the car Errol???

People are saying written off but from the pictures posted it just looks like front drivers side panel damage and possibly the wheel area too. I saw you (or someone) say the Focus came off a lot worse which is why I ask as written off is written off no matter how bad it is.

As before, hope it's not as bad as I'm reading and you get it or many parts from it put towards another cool project :thumbs:

I have a few commitments when I get paid at the end of the month, but I'll put in what I can. Such a worthy cause, I can't say no.

PumaNoob said:
It's nice to know I have you guys in my corner, the lengths you'll go to try and help me out is phenomenal!

He also didn't have about 10-15 people arrive with tools, a tow truck, & kind comforting words.
Errol, this goes to show how much of an impact you have made to so many of us. We are giving you in return what you have already given us.

We have a fallen member who could do with a jump start back on his feet. I sincerely hope that you will come out high on top and do us proud once more.

Good luck and look forward to the future!

I don't know Errol, but i was at Ford Fair on Sunday with ukcougar.org and this incident has been highlighted over on our forum . Just so you know, we are watching with interest and hope everything goes well for you.

Back