PumaNoob Fund

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry its taken so long, here are some pictures of what was donated by ford

On the left is a radiator, lower grill and upper grill. There was a mix up with the radiator so its not a puma item, but its got a bigger core , i cant use a puma radiator but i can use this so its worked out perfectly. On the right is the 2 front panels and both headlights. Thanks again Simon and ford!

And i brought my first item from the fund today!! I took a trip over to Pumabuild, and in order to transport the car there for repairs, it will be easier if the rear wheels are parallel as my rear beam is bent :roll: Also, the more i can do myself, the less its going to cost. Now because the rear wheel took a hit, its a safer option to change the complete axle, aswell as spindle and hub flange. Im 90% sure my hub flange is fine, but better safe then sorry. So Allan gove me a complete rear beam, with spacers, hubs, spindles and calipers for £40!! He has allowed me to take it without payment until i get some of the money from this fund becomes available to me! I am most grateful to him for that, and i hope you all agree that it was a good use of the money you have kindly donated!

Heres a terrible pic i took when i got home

Hopefully ill get it stripped and powdercoated this week or next!

Great that the parts are starting to come in. You should have the fund transferred over to you so you don't need to wait on 3rd parties to action it. Not everyone is as generous as Alan

Alan has been really good, he seems to get a bad rep amongst puma owners, but since ive had my FRP, him and the other lads at PB have been nothing but helpful! Thing is, he knows he can charge what he wants for the FRP parts because i cant get them from anywhere else, but hes chosen to help me out with this so i think it says a lot about him!

crystalpuma said:
Yes true, he rubbed me up the wrong way by being sexist towards me, but it's a common mistake!
Simmer down, petal. :-D

unfortunately its a bit like the marmite effect, if he likes you he will look after you, if not dont bother.

Luckily he has always looked after me and done some pretty blinding deals.

Simon

Dear Mr. P. Noob Esq.

I think you should sell your brand new headlights to me at the prevailing rate because you won't even use the fucking things on the track will you.

Regards,
Mr. E. Rob. (not jealous) :-D

Flying Scotsman said:
evilrob said:
crystalpuma said:
Yes true, he rubbed me up the wrong way by being sexist towards me, but it's a common mistake!
Simmer down, petal. :-D

Surprised you didn't make the other comment...

He did think it was funny when I likened my recent trip to Pumabuild to a 'Wallet Hoovering Exercise' on my old FRP project thread back in 2009....

evilrob said:
Dear Mr. P. Noob Esq.

I think you should sell your brand new headlights to me at the prevailing rate because you won't even use the f__king things on the track will you.

Regards,
Mr. E. Rob. (not jealous)

Dear Mr E. Rob Esq

I will be going after the 2 titles under Simons (Blue3) name, and also Fatttys Concourse titles!! So i need the lights. Today the headlights, tomorrow the world!!

P.s, When i get out on track again, ill be hitting no more then 15mph! Rather look good and loose!!

Another little update.

Those eagle eyed amongst you may notice one or 2 things missing under the bonnet! I managed to remove the Engine and gerbox yesterday, actually was a lot easier and quicker then just removing the gearbox!! Hopefully get the rear beam to the powder coaters tommorow, might take about a week, then ill get it fitted and Aaron (Bentleya) is travelling all the way from Essex to take it to Pumabuild for jigging :thumbs: !

Im not sure if its appropriate to update in this thread or my project thread, so ill make this the last update in here and then continue in my project thread unless people would prefer updates in here too?

Yessss great to see progress Errol! I'll be seeing you soon to pick up those parts we were discussing the other day :)

Latest posts

Back