Rear Wheel Arch Repair Panels - Suffering Rusty Arches?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Flash,

Spot on, a good fit, you certainly won't be able to tell.

I've notice on the for sale section that you are selling your Puma, what car are you getting next?

Cheers
Scott

Nothing more than an ITG panel. Other than that just trying to get it upto scratch.

Goes like a bloody rocket as it is!

Sorry for going off topic, but this is the thread about the Clio http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8088&p=110919#p110919" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow I managed to get my arches cut out, fabricated arches welded back in, a passenger side dent removed and filled and all resprayed in panther black for £260. I'm feeling very lucky at the moment.

Hi all,

Have been reading this with interest, the missus' Puma has got the same problem with the rear arches, and the only way around it long term are new panels I think.

Am interested in the group buy if I'm not too late, and does anyone know a decent bodyshop on the south coast (we're in Brighton) that might be good and not too much ££££

Cheers.

George

hello guys..
I am fairly new to puma, infact bought 1.4 silver a couple weeks ago (already in love with it though !!) I too have noticed the well known problem with rear wheel arches, these panels sounds nice and easy enough to fit in.. and probably economical solution as well.
but did they actually worked ? can someone put on some pics of the finished job if you don't mind ?
thanks in advance :)
cheers...

Look at my gallery photo's of my car on the track etc, both rear arches were renew on mine, and look spot on.

Does the rust come from inside? So once the rust starts to show theres really no way to get rid of it other than new metal to the arches and inner arch too. And gallons of waxoyl inside the inner wheel arch?

So a derusting and some led work would only be a temporary fix? Not relly worth the respray then? Unless done by myself.

FlashBastd said:

Damn thats what I was afraid of. No easy way out then.
I'm new to this forum but am I right in thinking of doing the arches myself I'd be better of with the german repair panels than the pug wings?

Bought the car with a knackered engine. Intended to do a quick fix and sell it on for profit to funt next seasons racing...ended up with a complete engine overhaul and a huge, well enough anyway, ammount of bodywork and a paint job....And I've grown fond to the tiny stinger...
Maybe I'll sell my Service Transit van then :lol:

I'll take a pair, Just bought a 'Y' reg 1.7 Metallic Black, and nice rusty rear arches, But need to know soon if available cos thinking of doing the job end of Feb, By the way is there an Owners Club Badge, if not would anyone be interested in getting one going?

I need a pair but after emailing germany 3 days ago Ive not heard a whisper
back any idea's

Use the front arches of a peuegot 206 ....standard model ..not GT ...they fit perfect ...doing it my self ...you nead some pacience ...but it's worth the anger ...... than your good fore the nex 3 year at least ..if done properly :twisted:

Latest posts

Back