Rear Wheel Arch Repair Panels - Suffering Rusty Arches?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where can I get the peugeot 206 ones from is it a kit or do you have to somehow grind them off a new wing.

i would have thought that if you are using a peugeot 206 front wing as a rear arch panel replacement you would cut out the arch bit,common sense really unless you want to try bolting on the front to the rear,but that would look silly.... :eek:k:

IIRC don't you get just the exact size you need to do the arch when you order the new Peugeot bits or were the ones I seen on another thread custom made (the German ones) as they were only a few inches wide. If they are a FULL Peugeot wing then yes, you'd have to cut off the section you needed but I'd have thought this was more trouble than making some new ones to suit.

I'd have a trawl through past threads about it as I'm sure you could buy the exact size needed so you could just trace the cut mark on the Puma with the Peugeot ones, cut off etc and fit/weld/finish off said new ones.

you would cut out the puma arch 1st then cut the pug wing to suit,if you do it the other way around you might be making it small and not fit correctly,also by cutting puma arch 1st you can see how much needs taking out and replacing properly :eek:k:

Here's a couple of pic's of the peugeot wings held up to my car, its going in for the work done to it in the next week or so..

Photo0534.jpg

Photo0535.jpg

The lip of the wing to match the lip of the puma wing;

Photo0536.jpg

Can someone who has bought the german repair arches please tell me how they went about paying for them and getting them shipped to the uk as on the website it says shipping not available to uk ?
I have emailed him and got a answer in german which doesnt say alot when translated only that shipping is 35 Eur so still not sure how to place my order.
How did you guys do it ??
Thanks...

The more I read about this 'Rear Wheel Arch' job the less inclined I am to having a go at it myself,
It sounds like aa lot of swearing and heart ache. Dose anyone know about how much it would cost to get both the rear arches done professionaly?

dazbow said:
Can someone who has bought the german repair arches please tell me how they went about paying for them and getting them shipped to the uk as on the website it says shipping not available to uk ?
I have emailed him and got a answer in german which doesnt say alot when translated only that shipping is 35 Eur so still not sure how to place my order.
How did you guys do it ??
Thanks...

Email him. And pay by paypal.

Sheesh, don't think I could be arsed with having to use a full wing like that and have to piddle about cutting it up as well as then having to match it up on the Puma. A lot of chew imo. Plus going by that it isn't that good of a match on the curve anyway.

Who actually stated the Peugeot one was the best match or did someone just try it and saw it was 'close' enough and everyone just followed their lead, if it is the best match then fair enough but I would have thought there was a better one out there.

Cymondo said:
The more I read about this 'Rear Wheel Arch' job the less inclined I am to having a go at it myself,
It sounds like aa lot of swearing and heart ache. Dose anyone know about how much it would cost to get both the rear arches done professionaly?

I was quoted £500 all in for both sides (new metal, rust treatment etc).

That is the stumbling block when you think how much a Puma is actually worth these days. £500 is a lot of dosh and personnally only worth paying if you are going to keep the car for along time as you will not get that back if you sell.

I am going done the route of cutting as much out as possible, rust treating inside and out, filling with fibreglass and minimal filler, and just try and keep on top of it. Treated before Christmas and arches have not got any worse. Just waiting for some warmer weather to finally finish off the outside and respray.

That probably not the best picture, and its the wrong way around i think :lol: :lol:

I showed it to my body shop guy and he said he could make them fit pretty easy :p

dont forget that in the pics the wing is the wrong way around so will look better once its fitted,when we had seen the finished results on hotrodspikes puma you cant tell any difference at all

Hi

Just read this thread and as per everyone else, I also have some rust starting and wondered if anything came from this buy and at what cost, also what wa needed once the panels arrived, are they taken to a garage and left for them to sort out and spray etc, what prices are involved in this and are they any reputable garages local to Colchester please?

Thanks

owenlogan said:
[post]184791[/post] Hi

Just read this thread and as per everyone else, I also have some rust starting and wondered if anything came from this buy and at what cost, also what wa needed once the panels arrived, are they taken to a garage and left for them to sort out and spray etc, what prices are involved in this and are they any reputable garages local to Colchester please?

Thanks

Bringing back a thread from the dead... always a fun way to introduce oneself.

I have a Puma 1.7i Y reg, bought it for £50, paid £50 for MOT and a part to get it through.

We're all good to go except that damn rear wheel arch (driver side specifically).

Anyone have a recent idea of price and parts costs for getting this done now?

owenlogan said:
[post]184791[/post] Hi

Thanks

Bringing back a thread from the dead... always a fun way to introduce oneself.

I have a Puma 1.7i Y reg, bought it for £50, paid £50 for MOT and a part to get it through.

We're all good to go except that damn rear wheel arch (driver side specifically).

Anyone have a recent idea of price and parts costs for getting this done now?

just go with the pug 306 thingy ;) we will do the same next year and the pumy will get a new color too :)

Latest posts

Back