Rear Wheel Arch Repair Panels - Suffering Rusty Arches?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlashBastd

Some of you may have seen a link to this website;

http://puma-schmiede.de/Shop/product_info.php/info/p68_Radlauf-Ersatzbleche-aus-Stahlblech-fuer-die-Hinterachse-.html/XTCsid/1f07525814505d868f9791024aaf30e0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have recently received a pair of repair panels, I am hoping to use one of them to repair my drivers side rear wheel arch. It has been repaired a couple of times in the past, but typically the rust keeps coming back, so hopefully this will cure it once and for all.

To give the repair a fighting chance, I won't be having the work done until probably April, but I will try to get my local bodyshop's opinion on them sooner that that.

Once these the repair has been done, and assuming it goes well, I will be arranging a group buy with puma-schmiede.de, the actual discount won't necessarily be much, but the shipping should be much more reasonable. Also, they only supply them in pairs, it may be that like me, you only need one.

I am posting this now in case anyone was proposing having an arch repaired in the near future, these may represent a better option.

If you have an urgent requirement, then please don't let me stop you from buying directly from the chap in Germany, and if you do, please post your findings! FYI my pair worked at around £95 inc. post.

Mine have started bubbling, and plan to get mine done in the spring, count me in for a group buy.

I ve just bought a puma with 2 rusty arches so would be kee on a group buy also

just a suggestion but is there no reason we cant get some1 to fabricate the panels if flash could let them use his panels as a template??? just an idea i had today ...

I don't think it is worth the aggro, this guy has put the work in to find a supplier, and I don't think they are overly expensive.

yippeekiay said:
You could always ask someone who is going to the Nurburgring this year to pick them up. Depending on how much P&P is it might be cheaper for a tank full of petrol ;)

Nice idea, but it would be a 450km detour!

Put me down for a pair as well, seems a reasonable cost, my mate has family in Holland also my son may be touring over there this summer so if we dont get anything sorted there may be other options

Have had a quote for £525 to repair my arches if I supply german imports myself does that sound like a decent quote?

I thought id done good home fix 5 month ago, now the rust is back again (dam it) . yeah i would be intersted

List of interested parties;

ianv5
Megaboost
hoops82
uxter
dodge40
owenRW

Some from project puma, some from puma people. If I have duplicated you, please let me know.

The way things are looking, it will possibly be early March before I get to find out more about these; my current plan is not to use my local bodyshop, but rather use another chap near to my parents workshop, just had a rear bumper for the Honda painted there, and have generally only heard good things about him.

If this delay causes anyone a problem, then I am sorry, but to be honest this sort of repair is generally best left until the weather warms up a bit anyway.

Flash: are these formed in any way or just a flat profile? just thinking maybe be able to get some laser cut to similar spec for a lot cheeper???

Just a quick one, how wide is the repair panel? I just need to be sure it will give me enough new metal to cut out the rot on mine, it's quite bad :(

Has anybody used peugeot 206 front wings instead? Quick search on ebay and about 30 quid delivered each.

Some people have used them, with success, but you need to cut the arch section out, and the shape isn't quite the same.

Back