1.4, 1.6, or 1.7 none aircon accessory belt picture/diagram

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PumaNoob

Hi all, ive had a bit of an issue with my 1.6 focus. Ive left it standing for a few months (about 8 to be exact), and i charged the battery the other day, and tried to start it. It started, but with a very lous squeel from the accessory belt, followed by smoke bellowing out from unter the bonnet :oops: The Alternator had siezed, so the belt was just spinning on it, and causing tonnes of smoke, and then eventually snapped!! Ok, how hard can it be to change a belt??? :roll:

Well it seems harder then i thought lol. I got on the bay, and ordered a none aircon focus belt. It came today, but i noticed something very strange with the engine. Ive never paid any attention to this engine, ive had the car about 9 years now and never noticed, but there are no belt tensioners or idler pulleys on the engine!! :? So the belt ive brought was huge, way too big to fit my pulleys. All i have on my engine is an alternator pulley, a power steering pulley, a water pump pulley, and the crank pulley!! But ive thrown the old one away. Its clear that the old owner (who builds race cars), had minimised pulleys and put a smaller belt. Ive looked under the car incase one or both the extra pulleys has siezed too and spun off, but they arent there!!

So i could do with a pic of a 1.6 non AC belt diagram or picture, i cant immagine that the 1.25, 1.4, or 1.7 will be any different. Hopefully i can see what pulleys im missing, and convert mine back to a normal set up!

Im not sure if the belt i have is the correct one, its about 1750mm long if anyone can shed any light. Thanks in advance

The 1.7:

[fullalbumimg]137[/fullalbumimg]

(from the OLD GALLERY)

Dal said:
The 1.7:

[fullalbumimg]137[/fullalbumimg]

(from the OLD GALLERY)

Thanks Dal for the prompt reply!!

Mine has the crank in the same place (obviusly) the alternator, the power steering pump, and water pump, it just has no other pulleys!!

Now for my next question, are any of the pulleys the same as items on the aircon models, as i have 2 spare engines with aircon, with all the pulleys still on.

with air con:

[fullalbumimg]138[/fullalbumimg]

Yes, mines a 1.6, but the drawing on that page is for a 2.0. It looks like the idler pulley is the same as the 1.7. I think the tensioner pulley will be different though, as its part of the power steering pump on the 1.7, and probably all the AC model Zetec SE blocks

Thanks for your help guys, it looks like its just the tensioner pulley that i need, ill probably pick one up for under £10 from a local scrappers.

Looks like this listing has both http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ZETEC-2002-1596cc-MK-2-TENSIONER-PULLEYS-X-2-98MF-3C631CG-/260972021381?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cc3250685" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just a quick thanks for your help guys, went to a scrapyard today, and got the 2 missing pulleys, and its all fitted and running as it should now, so happy days!! :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back