1.7 not smooth on high revs and high fuel consumption

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumad

Hi there,

After a day of driving with other Fords yesterday i'm a bit confused with mine...

My cat is not keen at high revs... after 5000 rpm.... I think it is not building up power anymore and is not keen on making any more revs... it kinda like feeling more comfortable in the lower rev range than it is more up than 4,5/5 k....

Also my fuel consumption is a bit high with... 260 miles on a full tank... and a fuel consumption of 26 mpg..

I've read about this and made up several points... but can anybody hand me in some other points on which to check?

- Lambda fuses
- Cleaning the MAF
- Cleaning the HEGO sensor
- Inspecting the leads to the powersteering..

coil pack is 5k old... so i'm not seeking the problem there...

Just read out the faultcodes of the Dash...

Says 9318, and 0115... which means low voltage and a broken ECT sensor...

Will replace that one... but i don't think it will solve the problem though...

I wouldn't take too much notice of the dash codes they give limited info relating to the clocks, you need a proper code reader

did that... coming out with some voltage issue's... but i know about that since the battery is a bit dead..

Will have to replace that and yesterday i killed the left CV joint...

But anyone got some heads up about a rather rough driving puma! I'm gonna try to put some injector cleaner in... think that's were a bit of the problem is...

anyone got a idea?

I have a aftermarket Coilpack... could be that the one which is causing the problem?

Gonna pick up a original one with new leads monday... see what that brings

The last post seems like a plan but I would do it one thing at a time rather than splashing out. Also some people are of the opinion using injector cleaners may damage the bore liners

good luck with it :thumbs:

quest63 said:
The last post seems like a plan but I would do it one thing at a time rather than splashing out. Also some people are of the opinion using injector cleaners may damage the bore liners

good luck with it :thumbs:

yes i'm still thinking about that fact...

giving it a little kick here!

Still having the rough running after 5000 RPM...

Replaced the HT leads & Coilpack...
New Lambda sensor...

could it be driven lazy? I don't use the power at the high revs much more because of this fact, than something else.
Also accompanied by the fact that constantly driving 50 mph in 4th is giving a bit of a overreving feel...

Not had the time (very bad of me) to reset the ecu but I don't think that will help. Really just want to know of this is normal or only ' featured' on my cat...

cant remember the last time i got up to 5000 rpm... your not racing the bo*****s off it are you?

Back