17" wheels rubbing

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattierudd

Guys i need some help!

I finally got round to putting my new wheels on and they look lovely :)

However if i go round a it rubs :mad:

It doesn't if i'm going slow or if i hardly turn the wheel....

Offset is 38....i need to sort it before it ruins my wheels :(

What can i do????

Thanks

Matt

Hmm, 38 is on the limit the Puma will tolerate, but still should be fine.

Maybe try some 5mm spacers to push the tyres out a bit on the front? Not sure tbh mate.

Bit of a bugger if it's rubbing your brand new Toyos away though :(

ive got the same problem just purchased some 17's ET40 and was told they fit without any spacers fine by the reatailer but am very hesitant now to fit them or sell them and get some exact ET35 rims. i have not fitted the tyres yet but maybe it would be best not to ruin a new set of tyres and get the right fit

I wouldn't chance ET40s. My ST170 wheels are ET50, and I have a set of 15mm spacers on all round, bringing it down to a nice ET35, and never have any problems really!

Don't know what experience anyone else has had with ET40s...

Hi guys

someone recommended me getting some hub centric spacers and working it out so the offset is the same as an original set of wheels....

This would mean 15mm spacers....is this right?

Thanks

Matt

ET38 - 15mm = ET23. Standard offset is ET34.

Where are the tyres rubbing, inside or outside, on lock, etc?

Well I'm not 100% sure it's when u turn at normal speed normal corners it's only the very light turns when it doesn't rub or when going very slow

yeh i have et 38 alloys with 17s on. no problems.

you haven't got balloon tyres on by any chance?

and yeh i would guess you have it slammed?

I think it must be about 40mm....if someone knows how
high it is from floor to top inside of the arch I'll
measure it but it was lowered when I got it...

Set of toyo proxes on it

Ta

Matt

My standard Puma (Thunder) fitted with Eibachs (-30mm), measured vertically from the wheel centre to wheel-arch, (Front) 34cm and (Rear) 35.5cm approximately.

17" with 205/40/17 tyres i believe.

mines lowered 60mm so im now confused...

mine rubs a little when turning and thats only on the left side due to the air box and the arch lining...

Mines lowered from standard and on 17s (sometimes) as seen and measured in this post:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=21896#p21896" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ET37 so just about rubs the inner arch on full lock. So I don't use full lock with the 17s on.

3mm spacers on my 17's with et38 offset + bigger brakes which helps lesson the rubbing more so I would go for 5mm spacers.

Latest posts

Back